Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Gilbert Dellar (1895 Australia)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Keith

Keith Report 25 Jul 2021 11:27

I have received a request from a member of Ancestry, who is undertaking a Diploma in Family History in Tasmania and is writing a biographical essay on Gilbert Dellar. He was born c. 16 Jan 1895 in Jamieson, Victoria, Australia. She is seeking any photographs of him at the Suez Canal or where he might have trained as an electrician after the war? He was a Lance Corporal in the 4th Light Horse Regiment.
If anyone is able to assist, please let me know.
Many thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Jul 2021 11:29

Look for his name in ‘search all member trees’ (He is in several)

Or advise the person doing the diploma to use google

Is she planning to use the diploma as a basis for employment as a researcher?

There are some records on FMP for which payment is required

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 25 Jul 2021 13:37

A tree belonging to "GrahamDellar" on Ancestry has a not very good photo of him (just his head and neck) at a wedding in 1922.

But I expect your contact already has that.

There's also a photo of (presumably) him in military uniform on a scan of a printed page.
It seems to be some sort of celebration document for servicemen safely returned from WW1 - in a tree owned by "oldnomad1"