Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Norman Dingwall / Liverpool ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Aug 2021 09:55

Still interested about the Dingwalls in Liverpool. My Grandfather Colin Campbell Dingwall had a younger brother Alexander born 1895? ( liverpool ) Alexander had 2 sons Norman + ? Norman married Elsie and they also had at least one son. So I presume the Dingwall name is still going ! Any help as regards Dingwalls in or around Liverpool ? Thanking you all in advance says Sandra / Germany

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Aug 2021 10:15

Sandra

I’m sure you’ve been given similar advice before.

Look via the Search option for the name in family trees.

Use www.freebmd.org.uk for relevant marriages, births and deaths.

malyon

malyon Report 10 Aug 2021 10:18

there are 6 names on electrol list in liverpool

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Aug 2021 10:29

Previous thread:

It is confusing for the researches that try to help if you use more than one thread on a family.

Edit: bad link removed s as Argyllgran has reposted it.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Aug 2021 11:52

The link posted by Nameslessone isn't clickable, for some reason.

Here it is again:
https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1395184

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Aug 2021 12:05

As this thread is largely about Norman and descendants, I'll post here:

Marriages Sep 1948 (>99%)
Dingwall Norman A Harman Liverpool N. 10d 594
Harman Elsie Dingwall Liverpool N. 10d 594

Norman and Elsie had two sons and a daughter.

However, as they and their descendants are presumably living, I can't really post more here.

If I find anything useful, I'll send Sandra a PM.

Maddie

Maddie Report 10 Aug 2021 13:38

ArgyllGran
sent you a pm with suggestion for your opinion

maddie

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Aug 2021 14:03

Thanks, Maddie - replied.

General summary of full details sent to Sandra - nothing very helpful, I'm afraid

The younger son MAY be living in Edinburgh, having married in New York, and had a daughter in Ohio with his Scottish-born wife.
But - that MAY be a man of the same name who was born in NY.

Norman's daughter probably married in 1976 in Cheshire.
Her husband appears to have been living in Cheshire in 2004, with a female who may be his daughter from a previous relationship - born in Wales, mmn not Dingwall - though I can't see a previous marriage.

A son with mmn Dingwall was born in1981 in the same part of Wales.

Can't see the 1981 son, nor Norman's daughter definitely on ERs - though there are various women of her name .

Haven't started on Norman's older son yet!

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Aug 2021 14:09

My goodness what a pool of information thank you all. Need to get sorted and in touch with my 2nd cousin on Angelsey. The Dingwall plot expands. There is an Alexander Dingwall living in Virginia now over 90, a cousin of my mother ( as was Norman ) but A. is not interesteed in Family History !!! Wow have to get this seen to !

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Aug 2021 14:26

Have you looked at the trees on here. There are several with the same Dingwall names as you have.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 10 Aug 2021 16:30

Can't find anything definite about Norman's older son, apart from a probable marriage in Cheshire in 1973.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Aug 2021 16:34

Namelessone’ s link isn’t complete - hence the inablility to ‘click’ it

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Aug 2021 16:36

Sandra

Learn to make use of freebmd - you’ll not regret it.

Also, the ER on here, and the BT phone book

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 10 Aug 2021 16:42

I don’t know what went wrong with the link I posted - it was exactly the same as the one AG posted later.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 10 Aug 2021 18:49

Sorry, but it wasn’t. It didn’t have the https:// prefix, and thus did not show in colour as being a usable link