Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Electoral Roll help 1970's Lewisham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Selena in South East London

Selena in South East London Report 13 Aug 2021 17:37

Hello, does anyone know how I can access the electoral rolls online for Lewisham in 1970's. I have addresses. I have contacted Lewisham Local studies but they are closed and I just got a bounce back email.

Any advice much appreciated,

Selena

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Aug 2021 18:02

London ERs on Ancestry only go up to 1965.
Don't know about other sites.

Info about Electoral Rolls at the British Library, though it seems you can only search more recent ones in person in their Reading Rooms.:

"The electoral registers can be consulted under supervision in the Social Sciences Reading room only."
https://www.bl.uk/collection-guides/uk-electoral-registers

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 13 Aug 2021 18:45

The main public library in the area should hold ER’s

Selena in South East London Report 13 Aug 2021 19:54

Thank you both. Bit of reading to do!

Regards
Selena

Selena in South East London Report 13 Aug 2021 20:08

Electoral Registers
We hold the registers for the former Lewisham Borough 1891 - 1964, with gaps for the WW1 1915 - 1920 and WW2 1940-45]. The former Deptford Borough 1920, 1922, 1924, 1926 [part], 1927 [part] 1930 - 1964. The London Borough of Lewisham 1965 - 2005, except 1976. To view these it is recommended you make an appointment.