Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding a grave

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 14 Nov 2021 20:58

I have Frederick Browne died age 76 1914 Easington Durham iI would like to know where he is buried if possible would there be any body that has access to newspapers on line that may give the burial please Thankyou

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Nov 2021 21:10

Contact the nearest cemetery to the address on his death cert. Find by googling.

EDIT
The Probate record gives his place of death as Seaham Harbour, which is where he was in 1911

Sidami

Sidami Report 14 Nov 2021 21:16

Thankyou I was just wondering if there was a. Newspaper article but thanks again.
Does it give his probate records

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 Nov 2021 21:17

Contact the parks and cemetery dept of the local council giving details from the death certificate

Chances are he was buried or cremated in a council run cemetery or crematorium

Councils keep excellent records

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 14 Nov 2021 21:23

It doesn’t appear to be on Deceasedonline.

You can look up the probate record yourself by using the gov.uk site - just Google probate records.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Nov 2021 21:32

Probate to Mary Eleanor and Frederick William (both Browne)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Nov 2021 22:28

Mary Eleanor and Frederick William are two of his many children.

List of cemeteries in Seaham area.
No Brownes in any of them - but not all the gravestones have been recorded on findagrave.
https://tinyurl.com/tka42bue

safc

safc Report 15 Nov 2021 01:06

from durham records on line

Cemetery Registers Easington 1914 Frederick Browne abt 1838

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Nov 2021 12:54

He is mentioned in an article in the Newcastle Journal of 1st July 1914..................you'll need an enhanced sub to FMP to view it.

.....were later in the day conducted round the principal pbices interest in the great establishment. Frederick Browne, whose death has just taken place at Seaham Harbour, was the poase.v,or rive shilling piece given him Charles Dickens. When Dickens visited
01 July 1914 - Newcastle Journal - Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumberland, England

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Nov 2021 14:05

Without seeing the original of the article mentioned by ErikaH - this is the only item in the "North Country Notes" concerning Frederick Browne.
The bad transcription runs all the "Notes" together as if they were one item.

NORTH COUNTRY NOTES

Frederick Browne, whose death has just taken place at Seaham Harbour, was the poase.v,or [ possesssor ?] five shilling piece given him Charles Dickens .
When Dickens visited Sunderland August, 1852, in connection with his : with other literary celebrities, in aid of the Guild of Literature and ATt, he appeared as an actor at the Lyceum Theatre. Mr Browne, who was then boy of fourteen, was employed at the theatre as a call-boy, and something he did so pleased the great novelist that gave him crown piece, and the recipient had sufficient appreciation of the donor to preserve the gift to the end of his life.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Nov 2021 15:06

Thanks AG

My FMP sub didn't allow me to view the full article.
Fascinating stuff

Sidami

Sidami Report 15 Nov 2021 17:51

Wow Thankyou