Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Skelton Bridge, Yorkshire drowning accident 1901

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 18 Dec 2021 10:59

Hi
I am really sorry to ask again but could someone please see if there is any information about this accident in 1901. The person that died was Thomas Gray. Someone kindly gave me a newspaper article about it but I have spent the last week trying to find it and failed. I believe he was repairing skelton bridge at the time of the accident.

Thank you

Jane

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Dec 2021 11:25

Newspaper report transcribed in this earlier thread of yours.
Reported in the Hull Daily Mail, 25 June 1901..

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1351192

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Dec 2021 11:30

For future reference, to find your old threads, click on "My threads" under "Tools" at the left side of this page, and then at the top of the resulting list click on "My threads - started".

Jane

Jane Report 18 Dec 2021 11:36

Thanks ArgyllGran. Yes that is what I was looking for. How did you find it? Hope this will help me with any future look ups I do.

All the best

Jane

Jane

Jane Report 18 Dec 2021 11:38

Thanks ArgyllGran for that information.

All the best

Jane

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Dec 2021 11:51

Found it by searching in "Advanced search" (which nowadays is pretty hit and miss, and only gives two pages-worth of results which mostly aren't relevant) ) for any threads started by you, with any of the key words mentioned in your post, or variations of them.

"Skelton" was the key word which finally produced the right result - almost at the bottom of the second page of results.

But from your own point of view, it's much easier to follow the "My threads" route described above.

Jane

Jane Report 18 Dec 2021 12:05

Thanks ArgyllGran