Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death Record 2020

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

CasCas

CasCas Report 21 Jan 2022 22:15

Hello

I searched on the GRO site and saw a death in Sussex for an Audrey Rayner b1934. Is there anywhere where I could see the dob of this lady?

Regards
Cassie

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 21 Jan 2022 22:37

That may not be her maiden name though

Why are you specifically looking at her ?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jan 2022 22:45

Her DoB (as known by the informant) will be on the death cert, as will her maiden name if she had been married

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Jan 2022 10:51

The ER on GR shows two women named Audrey Rayner living in East Sussex .

One was listed at a Hastings address which was sold in 2014, so I think she died in 2014 (born 1928).
She was a married woman, probably nee Smith, whose husband John Ted Rayner died in 2011 aged 91.

The other was listed in 2008-2016, at an Eastbourne address.
No other Rayners listed with her, so impossible to say if she was married or not.
Aged 65+, according to GR. The ER on Ancestry doesn't give an age for her.
Googling the address shows it is (or was) a small, cheap, unmodernised hotel or B&B, with only 2 reviews on Tripadvisor, the most recent in 2009. Last sold in 1997.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 22 Jan 2022 15:05

On the government probate site there is one Audrey Rayner, who died 7/10/20, with probate granted 2/11/20, at the Principal Registry. It doesn't say where she lived, though, so it could be anywhere.

I think your best bet would be to get the death certificate.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 22 Jan 2022 17:04

RAYNER

Audrey Helen

passed away on Friday 7th August 2020, aged 92 years. A much-loved mum, mother-in-law, nan and great nan, who will be sadly missed by all. Due to the current situation there will be a private

family funeral. Donations, if desired, for Westfields Comforts Fund, may be made online via www.tfs.co.uk/obituary or sent c/o Chapmans & Thornalley Funeral Services, Lynn Road, Swaffham PE37 7AY.

?.

Welcome to jrayner.com

Ted Rayner died peacefully at home in Fairlight on 1 January 2011, aged almost 91. Beloved husband to Audrey and loving father and grandfather. Pilot in Coastal Command 1939-1945 in Iceland and Greenland. Donations in his memory can be made to The Maritime Air Trust, Charity No. 1088307

www.jrayner.com

he was a watercolour artist.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.fairlightplayers.org.uk/Archive/Archive 1980s/1987 Spring.htm

Audrey Rayner: Colin: Mike Rosenberg: Diana: Carol Ardley: Paul: Henry Dale: Evelyn: June Dyer: The action takes place in the open-plan living-room of a modern executive-style house. Thus is a new name introduced to Fairlight audiences - that of Mr. Alan Ayckbourn. It is a name that would

the link shows a poster of a stage performance of the players of which Audrey is one.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Jan 2022 17:19

That Audrey wouid have been born c1928

She isn’t showing on the GRO site

No Audrey Helen listed

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Jan 2022 17:35

The woman whose death was registered in Sussex was born in 1934, did not have a second forename and the death was in the last qtr of the year

Swaffham is in Norfolk

Kay????

Kay???? Report 22 Jan 2022 18:44

My post/s was to show the death in Norfolk wasnt her and to confirm what Andysmum had found,.

Yes I know where Swaffham is located.

Welcome to jrayner.com

Ted Rayner died peacefully at home in Fairlight on 1 January 2011, aged almost 91. Beloved husband to Audrey and loving father and grandfather. Pilot in Coastal Command 1939-1945 in Iceland and Greenland. Donations in his memory can be made to The Maritime Air Trust, Charity No. 1088307

www.jrayner.com

This man lived in Est Sussex.

he was a watercolour artist.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 22 Jan 2022 20:06

Ted Rayner was the John Ted Rayner whose wife was born 1928 (Smith).

The Eastbourne Audrey is the one most likely to be the 1934 woman - but no proof without the death cert.