Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Janice Beverley Robins (née Vines)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wines65

wines65 Report 13 Mar 2022 04:40

I am looking for the Date of Death of my older sister Janice who passed away in Gympie Queensland Australia around 2017-2018. :-(

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Mar 2022 09:33

Welcome to the boards, Wines65.

The only way you can find out the exact date is by getting a copy of the death cert.

Info here about applying for a Queensland death cert :

https://www.qld.gov.au/law/births-deaths-marriages-and-divorces/birth-death-and-marriage-certificates/death-certificates/applying-for-a-death-certificate

EDIT:

But -
looking at the application form I see you need to know the date of death in order to apply for the cert.

Maybe try this (just for the date):

https://www.slq.qld.gov.au/plan-my-visit/services/ask-us

I don't know if they'd be able to tell you anything so specific about such a recent record.
They might be able to access local newspaper announcements or obituaries - though nothing is showing up on a Google search.

wines65

wines65 Report 5 Apr 2022 02:33

Thank you ArgyllGran,
Thank you for your welcome. And your replies. I have been working on my Family Tree for a few years now (bit here and a bit there). My sister has passed away (I thought) part way through this period. I have tried most of your suggestions, without any luck. I visited her a few times at her Gympie Queensland address after she and her family returned after a few years in Tasmania. I went overseas for work and lost all contact with Janice and her family. I visited her one last time at Gympie and I was told that she had moved and since passed away. It would be nice to complete Janice's life on my Family Tree. I don't have long to live myself. I will battle on.
Thank you again,
Wines65