Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1921 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sandra

Sandra Report 28 Mar 2022 13:10

Does anyone know when we can look at the 1921 census please ,I think is very soon,regards sandra

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 28 Mar 2022 13:33

You can access it NOW on FMP, but you have to pay to view records.

You don't need to have a subscription to the site.

That will be the case for at least three years

Maddie

Maddie Report 28 Mar 2022 13:33

Regional hubs to offer free online access to 1921 Census of ...
https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk › About us › News

Regional hubs to offer free online access to 1921 Census of England and Wales
Tuesday 30 November 2021

Today we can announce two regional hubs that will provide free online access to the 1921 Census of England and Wales from 6 January 2022.

The census will be available online via our commercial partner Findmypast and will be free to access in this way at The National Archives, in Kew.

In addition, visitors to the Manchester Central Library and the National Library of Wales will be able to access the 1921 Census of England and Wales via the Findmypast website for free following its publication next year.

Access at the Manchester Central Library, on St Peter’s Square, Manchester, will be supported by the Manchester and Lancashire Family History Society helpdesk and the Archives+ Team (www.archivesplus.org).

Sandra

Sandra Report 28 Mar 2022 13:36

Thank you Erica ,I will join fmp ,looking forward to see where lost family where then,hope I find the missing links to add to my tree x

Sandra

Sandra Report 28 Mar 2022 13:39

Thank you Erica ,I will join fmp ,looking forward to see where lost family where then,hope I find the missing links to add to my tree x

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 28 Mar 2022 13:43

Just to repeat - you don't have to have a sub to FMP to look at the 1921 census.

https://www.findmypast.co.uk/1921-census

Be aware that there are LOTS of mistranscriptions.
Lateral thinking required in many cases!

If you hover over either the "Record Transcript" or "Record Image" button to the right of a basic free result, it will tell you the names of some of the other people at that address, which may help pinpoint the person you want.

If you want to see full details (address, etc), you're best to pay to view the image, rather than the cheaper transcription, as the latter often have mistakes.