Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Horwell Family Tree on Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Roy

Roy Report 14 May 2022 05:43

Hi Guys I have just found a Horwell Family Tree on Ancestry and was wondering if anyone knew how I could contact the tree owner. It is a public tree so I presume the owner will be happy to be contacted.

Roy Horwell

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 14 May 2022 06:34

You can message them through ancestry

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 May 2022 09:03

Use the site’s messaging facility

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 May 2022 10:41

Unless Roy has begun an Ancestry account since March, he can't message the tree owner.

Roy -
if you let me know the tree owner's name, and the name of your relative listed in the tree, I'll be happy to contact him/her on your behalf.
I still have your email address from the last time.

If you do have an Ancestry account now, look at the top of the tree page.
You'll see "Horwell Family Tree" (or whatever the tree name is - I'm assuming that's what it is, as that's what your post suggests) - then "Tree search" and then the name of the tree owner.

Click on the name, then "Message".
Type your message where indicated, and click "Send".

Roy

Roy Report 14 May 2022 23:07

Hi ArgyllGran, no I do not have a Ancestry account I use a free copy that our local library provide on line. As you suggest the family tree is The Horwell Family Tree. I can not find out the tree owner. There are a lot of my family on his/her tree. Perhaps if you do find the tree owner and email him for me you could mention my father, who is on the tree, his name is Jack Edwin Horwell. He was born in Plymouth on 21/4/1927 and died in New Zealand on 13/3/1984. If you can get hold of him/her it would be great as we have so many names in common.

Roy Horwell

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 May 2022 09:12

I've messaged the tree owner today, Roy.
His board name is "annais1".
He last signed in yesterday, so there's a very good chance that he'll see the message, and (hopefully) reply to you.

Good luck!

Your father is also on three other public trees, not counting your own.
Also on three private trees.

Roy

Roy Report 22 May 2022 09:11

Hi ArgyllGran, have still not heard from "annais1" perhaps he/her does not want to talk to me, shame really.

Roy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 May 2022 09:35

His or her privilege, I’m afraid

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 2 Jun 2022 15:56

I've just checked on Ancestry, and it looks as if annais1 hasn't read my message.

It says "delivered", but not "read".

There could be many reasons why he/she hasn't read it.

He/she has not signed in to Ancestry since last month - maybe not since the day before I sent the message.