Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Burnell certifcate's found

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 23 Jun 2022 00:23

My husband is a decendant of Thomas Burnell b1842 Marsh Gibbon Bucks.
I have found 11 original certificates for the births of children of Joseph Burnell and Martha Whale and a death and marriage cert dating from 1840 to 1864. Would like to share with any decendants that are interested and not sure how to do that other than post on here, hoping someone could advise me. They are very fragile and all have writing on the back relating to the Dwellings Improvement act 1875. I have scanned them all. Also how do I preserve them?

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Jun 2022 08:33

Check via the Search button to see if anyone has Thomas or his known descendants in their tree.

There is plenty of advice online about preserving old documents.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 23 Jun 2022 09:12

If you have a Public Tree on Ancestry add the certificates as this will help many other researchers now and in the future.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jun 2022 09:51

There used to be a site BMDshare - not sure if it’s still functioning, but you can easily check yourself

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 23 Jun 2022 10:34

I don’t think BMDshare is running at the moment.

You could add postems to the freebmd entries giving the extra information from the certificates.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 23 Jun 2022 19:52

Thomas Burnell is in numerous GR trees - send contact messages