Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Baptism for Mary Morten

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ken

Ken Report 15 Sep 2022 10:42

Would someone check the baptism for Mary Morten at St Marks Kennington in Nov 1844 ANCESTRY seems to have the image i have transcript from LDS but does not show address or occupation.
I have her birth cert from Marylebone in May1842 parents William & Sarah nee Foster fathers occ is Servant I was expecting Met Police also hoping vicar has noted her birth date on baptism record.
I have family on 1851 census and father William is Superintendent of Police in Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Thank You
Ken M

greyghost

greyghost Report 15 Sep 2022 11:17

Detail Source
Name: Mary Morten
Baptism Age: 2
Record Type: Baptism
Birth Date: 28 May 1842
Baptism Date: 22 Nov 1844
Baptism Place: St Mark's, Kennington, Lambeth
Father:
William Morten
Mother:
Sarah Morten

From image - Born 28 May 1842 (edited date but not wording, apologies)
Of (?Clarendon)(Clandon) Street, Walworth. Father a Police Constable

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Sep 2022 11:28

The wording on the image isn't "1 Feb born"

It's "Said to be born " and then gives the date 28 May 1842

Ken

Ken Report 15 Sep 2022 12:00

OOOH Thank you I saw 1st Feb and thought I had wrong family
Birth cert is 28th May 1842 Its all correct , on birth cert Father is a servant by 1844 constable by 1846/47 he is a superintendent in Kent
I am looking into this family because my G/Grandfather William is with them in kent in1851 census listed as nephew to head age3 born 1848 but in August 1848 he is listed in Baptism of william at St John the Baptist Hoxton London with mother Elizabeth ( barrett )image on ancestry I have a feeling the police super may have a double life
Thank you for checking
Ken M

Ken

Ken Report 15 Sep 2022 12:08

ARGYLLGRAN we spoke about this search some years ago on here
possible Barrett name , now looks Morten. Finally finishes up after 1856 as Markham I am slowly getting there a newpaper report of an assault in Southwark in 1856 opened the doors to move on
Ken M.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 15 Sep 2022 12:40

Yes, I remember now, Ken - complicated, and nothing really conclusive.