Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1921 lookup please Basilio Aspeotis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 1 Nov 2022 12:46

Could you please have a look at the 1921 census for Basilio, he was born in Greece 15 August 1863, died 1st February 1941. He married Calliopia Savva 25th September 1883 in Liverpool. Lived most of his life in Liverpool.

I have him in the 1891 and 1901 census at 31 Louis Street Liverpool. 1911 at 8 Taylor Street Liverpool. ER 1934/1935 99 Upper Stanhope Street, Liverpool. 1939 at 5 Gibson Street,Liverpool. and died 1941 at 42 Belmont Road,Liverpool.

His wife died in 1904.

There are several similar name variations.

I don't need anything else on Basil, just cant find him in the 1921 census.

I have full access to the 1921 census, and have tried all the above addresses.

Please don't spend too much time on this as I have spent hours looking, I have come to the conclusion that he may have been abroad, or there is a gross miss spelling in the 1921 census.

I don't need anything else on him or his family as I have it all, am just stuck on the 1921 census.

Thank you in advance.

Am just hoping a fresh pair of eyes can possibly see something I have missed.

greyghost

greyghost Report 1 Nov 2022 15:11

For our info -

1911 Census For England & Wales
8 Taylor Street Scotland Road Liverpool, Liverpool, Lancashire, England

First name(s) Last name Relationship to head Marital status Sex Age Birth year Occupation Birth place
Richard Clement Bonny Head Married Male 28 1883 Insurance agent Lancashire Liverpool
Elpetha Bonny Wife Married Female 25 1886 - Lancashire Liverpool
Calliopia Bonny Daughter - Female 0 1911 - Lancashire Liverpool
Basil Aspeotis Boarder Widower Male 47 1864 Cotton porter Greece Resident Eresident
Annetta Aspeotis Boarder Single Female 20 1891 Domestic Lancs Liverpool Resident

Annetta is with Nicholas (67) and Angelico (66) Vingopooles (both born Greece) in 1921 recorded as Niece at 5 Taliesin Street, Liverpool

not seeing Basil as an obvious entry

Deborah

Deborah Report 1 Nov 2022 15:25

Yes, this has been a bit of a mystery, I have even looked at hospital admissions and prison records.

Cant even see him on the ER for 1921.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 1 Nov 2022 15:37

Could he not have gone to Greece on a visit?
Or maybe he was the night shift and therefore not at home for the census.

Deborah

Deborah Report 1 Nov 2022 15:41

Both are possibilities, but I looked at the travel records as well. Abroad does seem the most likely, but I couldn't see him on the ER for 1921 and all the records for Liverpool are usually very good. Unless I am just missing it.