Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1939 reg lookup john w caldwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

malyon

malyon Report 25 Nov 2022 19:11

please could someone look up 1939 reg for john w caldwell married to georgina think they are in liverpool this is their marriage Caldwell John W Davis W.Derby 8b 761 Scan available - click to view
Davis Georgina Caldwell W. Derby 8b 761
thank you

greyghost

greyghost Report 25 Nov 2022 19:40

The marriage was in 1918

Surname First name(s) Spouse District Vol Page
Marriages Mar 1918 (>99%)
Caldwell John W Davis W.Derby 8b 761
Davis Georgina Caldwell W. Derby 8b 761

Of more help would be DOB for either of them and / or if they had children, their names
---------------------

There is this Georgina Caldwell in Liverpool in 1939 -

1939 Register
39 Butterfield Street, Liverpool, Liverpool C.B., Lancashire, England

First name(s) Last name(s) Birth date Sex Occupation Marital status Schedule Schedule sub number
Georgina Caldwell 19 Jan 1899 Female Unpaid Domestic Duties Widowed 149 1
Marion McNaughton (Caldwell) 19 May 1920 Female Laundry Sorter Single 149 2
Eileen Callagham (Caldwell) 04 Jul 1922 Female Laundry Call? Hand Single 149 3
The record for this person is officially closed.

There are other Caldwell/Davis births up to 1934 in Liverpool, which include a Marion and Eileen

greyghost

greyghost Report 25 Nov 2022 19:43

Possibly John's death

Surname First name(s) Age District Vol Page
Deaths Mar 1934 (>99%)
Caldwell John W 37 W.Derby 8b 648

and the 1921 census -

1921 Census Of England & Wales
2 Louisa Street, Everton, Lancashire, England

First name(s) Last name Relationship to head Sex Birth year Age in years Birth place Occupation Employer
John William Caldwell Head Male 1896 24 Earlestown, Lancashire, England None Blacksmith Stocker David Rolls Sons, Sandhills, Lpool, Out Of Work
Georgina Caldwell Wife Female 1896 25 Liverpool, Lancashire, England - -
Marion Caldwell Daughter Female 1920 1 Liverpool, Lancashire, England - -

malyon

malyon Report 25 Nov 2022 19:44

thank you i am looking for their daughter georgina born 1924 perhaps she was not at home in 1939 would have been 15 yrs old then

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 25 Nov 2022 20:55

Fairly obviously, she’ll be the closed record in 1939

If I have found the correct marriage for her, she and her family were living in Belfast in 2002

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 Nov 2022 13:00

Maybe she was the informant

Name: Georgina Caldwell
Death Age: 99
Birth Date: 19 Jan 1896
Registration Date: Jan 1995
Registration District: Sefton South
Inferred County: Merseyside
Register Number: SS35
District and Subdistrict: 0321
Entry Number: 37

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Nov 2022 15:47

CALDWELL GEORGINA. December 31. 1994. peacefully in Melrose House, Waterloo. Runited with dad. (Rest In peace. Mum.) Brokenhearted son John. granddaughters Joan. Pauline and Carol. Paul and Phyl.

CALDWELL GEORGINA. December 31. 1994 Peacefully. at Melrose House. aged 98 years. (We never ask for miracles. but today just one would do. to see our front door open, and watch Georgina walk through.) JOE. EILEEN and Family. (Just as she was. she will always be. a beautiful thought in my memory.) .

SAME [possibly Sarah mistranscribed ??] and Family. (The veil of tears we've never shown. they were meant for you alone we've lost you. Mum. the legend's gone. but still our tears flow on an ARTHUR. Love PEGGY and (Wednesdays will never be the same without you. Georgina.) Love KEN. Requiem Mass at St Wilfred's Church. Ashton-in-Makertield. on Wednesday January 11..at 12 noon, cremation following at Thornton Crematorium. Will be resting at H. Leslie Humphreys. 69. Liverpool Road, Crosby. from Friday January 6. and at home, from Tuesday January 10. Flowers and inquiries to to H. Leslie Humphreys, 051-924 4805.

Published: Thursday 05 January 1995
Newspaper: Liverpool Echo
County: Lancashire, England

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 26 Nov 2022 16:31

I don't know if this relates to Georgina senior or not. The age is a couple of years out.
Posting just in case.
(It was an extremely garbled transcription. I hope I've rearranged the words into the correct order.)

SEVENTY-seven-Year old Mrs. Georgina Caldwell was praised for her courage In tackling a burglar, by Mr. R. H. Montgomery, prosecuting at Liverpool Crown Court to-day.
Thomas Joseph Wilson, aged 29, unemployed kitchen porter, of Peekmill Green, Netherley. pleaded guilty to breaking into Mrs Caldwell's shop in Sleepers Hill, Walton, and stealing a basket of groceries and assaulting her
Mr. Montgomery said Mrs. Caldwell had earlier locked up her shop and at 11 p.m was walking past the premises when she saw a light upstairs. She went to investigate and in the hall saw Wilson with a basket of groceries
He aimed two blows at her and she grabbed him by the hair and took hold of the basket. He broke . away and ran into the street pursued by Mrs. Caldwell. A taxi driver saw Wilson throw the basket of groceries away and kept him under observation until the police arrived and arrested Wilson.

Judge Pigot Q.C., imposed concurrent prison sentences of six months and three months, both suspended for two years. .

Published: Wednesday 08 January 1975
Newspaper: Liverpool Echo
County: Lancashire, England