Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lilian Page Pappin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 6 Dec 2022 08:29

I have a Lillian Page Pappin born 2/3/1868 in Adelaide South Australia, died 21 /7/1916 in Western Australia, she married a William Packham, he was born 3/6/1864 died 21 /1/1939 at 24 Le Hunte Avenue South Prospect Sth Australia Their children were Myra Gwendolin born 2/3/1887 at Norwood died 26/6/1907 at Perth Western Australia & Leonard born 15/9/1891 in Adelaide died 4 Oct 1958 at Swanbourne Western Australia,he married a Eva Ruth Hunter 14/9/1917 at Perth
Can anyone help me with Lillian Page & William's marriage I have looked but no success maybe they didn't marry???
Thank you for any help received
Ellen

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Dec 2022 09:53

Where have you looked?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 6 Dec 2022 09:54

There's nothing about a marriage on Ancestry or FamilySearch.

Lilian is in 5 public trees on Ancestry, but none of them give a marriage date.
Of course, some will just have copied from others without trying any research for themselves.

She's also in 8 private trees.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Dec 2022 10:33

FMP has only a birth for her, showing father to have been Thomas Green Pappin, and mother Mary Walker, which no doubt you know

Ellen

Ellen Report 6 Dec 2022 10:52

I have looked on FMP, Ancestry, My Heritage, Family Search.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 6 Dec 2022 11:55

In that case, either they didn't marry, or the records simply aren't online.

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 6 Dec 2022 13:07

I agree with Erika.

The only thing left is to look in Adelaide ( where Norwood is) for records only held there.