Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Obituary Alexander/Redpath

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylann

Sylann Report 19 Mar 2023 12:36

Hi
I'm trying to match the Redpath's in my tree together I have a Margaret Mary Redpath born abt 1934 Heymarket Edinburgh Scotland She married a Alexander F Alexander in 1955 Heymarket She died Feb 2023 Edinburgh
I've tried to find her but with it being recently I have to order certificates as she is a 4th cousin I don't want to spend money if I don't have to, I'm on Ancestry and I noticed an obituary BUT yet again I haven't got the right subscription So I'm hoping that some one can get it up and see if it gives any datails about her family

Thank you

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Mar 2023 13:22

It seems unlikely that Ancestry would have an obituary for Scotland for last month!

You probably need to look at the relevant local newspaper

Sylann

Sylann Report 19 Mar 2023 13:27

Thought it was ancestry I've been on so many sites I'll have another look

Sylann

Sylann Report 19 Mar 2023 13:30

It's on Ancestry but it's under Margaret Alexander abt 2022 birth 1934

Possibly won't give anything or the wrong one But you never know

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Mar 2023 13:38

This is ALL there is

Name: Margaret Alexander
Death Age: 88
Birth Date: abt 1934
Death Date: Abt 2022
Burial Date: May
Obituary Date: 2 Jul 2022

NO IMAGE

If you think your relation died in Feb 2023, this can't possibly be her

NO death on SP to match.....................the woman above could have died anywhere in the UK

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Sylann

Sylann Report 19 Mar 2023 13:41

Sorry managed to trace it not in Scotland

Thank you sorry to have wasted your time

Sylann

Sylann Report 19 Mar 2023 13:44

Yes I've just found it think it was down south ? she did die Last month but no one who has her on their tree has anything and as I said I'd have to order the certificate

Thank you

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 19 Mar 2023 14:56

For such a recent death you will probably need to have the exact date of death. English death certificates would not give you her parents details but may mention a husband.

It is quite possible that those who have her in their tree are not aware of her death.

Obituary’s and death notices should still be available on the local newspaper website, if they were posted.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Mar 2023 18:13

Death on SP -

REDPATH [ also listed as Alexander ]
MARGARET MARY
mmn BAIRD
F
734 / 342
Edinburgh, Central

It's not possible to order a copy of a Scottish death cert via SP, if it was within the last 3 years .
(ie - this year, you can't order one more recent than 2020.)

Sylann

Sylann Report 21 Mar 2023 17:06

Sorry for the delay

Thank you for the info and for The above info I'll look on SP again I didn't see MMN that helps a lot

Thank you

Sylann

Sylann Report 21 Mar 2023 17:23

I must have had blinkers on !! just seen it