Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FMP Newspaper inquest report for Sarah Osborne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kayak

Kayak Report 18 Mar 2024 13:03

Hi,

I've just been to my local library to look up and inquest report in 1854 on FMP. Unfortunately because the library has a sub. for British Newspapes Online (which hasn't reported this inquest) they don't have the access to FMP Newspapers, so I'd be really grateful if someone with access to this inquest report on FMP could PM me with a copy.

Berkshire Reading Mercury dated 1st April 1854:
NEWBURY. inquest was held last evening (Friday) before Joseph Bunny, Esq., borough coroner, at the Jack Inn, on the body of Sarah Osborne

TIA
Kayak

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 18 Mar 2024 13:30

Doesn’t FMP take its newspapers from the British newspaper archives?

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Mar 2024 14:32

From BNA -
I don't have a sub to see the image, so don't know Sarah's age, which seems not to have been transcribed -

Death. —An inquest was held last evening (Friday), before Joseph Bunny, Esq., borough coroner, at the Jack Inn, on view of the body of Sarah Osborne, aged years. It appeared from the evidence of Mary Ann Maslin, the cook at the inn, and two other witnesses, that the deceased came into the kitchen about two o'clock that afternoon, and while there she was seized with fit, and instantly expired. Verdict: 44 Died by the visitation of God.

Published: Saturday 01 April 1854
Newspaper: Reading Mercury
County: Berkshire, England

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Mar 2024 14:32

Verdict

Died by the visitation of God

Apparently went into the kitchen and was seized with a fit

greyghost

greyghost Report 18 Mar 2024 14:41

Hopefully sent by PM

ErikaH