Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Donald Lucas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donald

Donald Report 7 Oct 2004 13:11

NEW INFORMATION AS FROM 13th JANUARY 2007. Some information has come to light that in fact my missing George might have been passed to his 'Grandmother' ro raise. She was Catherine Hasler, and its now possible that he was renamed 'William George Hasler', this was the name of her son who died in the first world war, but his name turned up on a death certificate, and when checked out his dob was given as 9th June 1920??. But of course this DOES NOT show up in B's, M's &Deaths. So it is now possible that any one who has a male relative called William Hasler and a dob shown as 9/6/1920,but no certificate to prove it,may in fact be George Preedy??. Please get in touch if you think you know of him.The rest of this message is the same. His name was found in the birth records by accident, and were unknown to any of us at the time, he is my Uncle, and I now have found a living Aunt after 65 years, who is also desperate to find him. His Mothers name was Edith Preedy (nee Hasler) and his Fathers name was John, all came from Hackney. He also had a brother Cyril R Preedy b 1918, another sister who died aged 1 month, another sister Emma Preedy, all born in Hackney. I still need that vital breakthrough to find George dead or alive, some one out there must know something, if not the name, does any male Preedy in your family have the same date of birth. His name is (was) George Gordon PREEDY. born 9/7/1922 at 3 Caroline Cottages, Caroline St, Hackney, London. I HAVE STILL NOT FOUND ANY TRACE OF GEORGE GORDON PREEDY, I AM NOW DESPERATE FOR ANY INFO. See above for the latest hot of the press???. The London Metropoliton Archives report on a Hackney care home, lists him as being the brother of one Emma May Preedy who was also in care. If anyone knows anything about this name, contact me urgently, as I'm getting older by the day. Donald John Lucas, formerly 'Preedy' before adoption.