Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Yvonne Kemp

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 12 May 2005 21:31

Hi to all you DeBells,my sister and i have been trying to find information about our grand father John DeBell,so far we think he was born in Bermondsey,London and was a leather dresser before he signed up to the army at around 1860 in Sheffield and then initially stationed in Canterbury.We know there were several DeBells living in the Bermondsey area,could anyone shine a light on DeBells from Bermondsey?

Wendy

Wendy Report 26 Nov 2008 22:54

Hi, I was a DeBell. My father was Dennis DeBell and grandfather John Richard DeBell from Bermondsey married to Amy Holland. My great grandfather was also John Richard from Bermondsey married to Susan. They had six children one of whom was my grandad. Hope this helps. Am happy to help out. .

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 26 Nov 2008 23:54

click on Yvonne's name and send a message via GR - she posted a long time ago and may not be around now

Julie

Julie Report 18 Sep 2011 14:46

Hello, my paternal great-great-grandmother was Martha Jane Debell born around 1849 in Bootle, Lancashire. Her father was Samuel Debell born 1809 in France, his father was John Debell. Her mother was Eleanor Feltham. Martha married a Henry Williams on 2 April 1872 in Whiltehaven, Cumberland (now Cumbria) and had 8 children: Emma, Mary Ellen, Eliza, Thomas Henry, Laura, Nicholas, Frederick and William. I would be very grateful if anyone can help me to find a connection to this part of my family. Thank you - Julie

Mary

Mary Report 18 Sep 2011 14:52

Very old thread Julie,it would be best to contact the person by PM.
Just click on their name and send message,or post a new thread of your own.

Maryb

Julie

Julie Report 18 Sep 2011 14:58

Hi Maryb
Grateful thanks for your reply, was worth a try, have sent a message to Yvonne as you suggested.
Julie