Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Susan John

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 20 Aug 2006 12:14

Hi, I am Sue John, formerly Susan Smith. I am seeking further information on the Smith side of my family tree, plus any connections through marriage. My Father was Basil Smith b1925 Putney. He was 1 of 3 boys. His parents were Harold Smith b1889 Putney and Violet Webb b1885 Brighton. Harold's parents were Joseph James Smith b 1851 Ludgershall, Bucks and Hannah Perry b1856 Newton Longville, Bucks. Joseph's parents were William Smith b 1824 and Elisabeth Harris b 1827 Ludgershall, Bucks. William's father was Joseph Smith, but I do not have any other information about him. Other names connected to the Smith family through marriage are: Anthony Young/Mary Moore, Richard Perry/Lydia Young, Elizabeth Perry/William Lovell, Elizabeth Burgis/Nathaniel Perry, John Young/Jane Missenden. Most of these family links originate from the Newton Longville and Stoke Hammond areas in Bucks. If you have any links in your family tree with any of the above I will be pleased to hear from you. Regrads, Sue John (Smith) b 1946