Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ruth Muttlebury

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ruth

Ruth Report 8 May 2005 22:34

Elgin Duffs of Lomon - I have a handwritten copy of a family tree detailing the Duffs from 1375 when a David Duff married Agnes Chalmere of Muldauit. The tree then continues with an Adam Duff of Cluny Beg (1590 - 1674). The connection with us is that a Catherine Duff married a James Muttlebury circa 1862. Noted in the corner of the family tree is 'From: The Book of the Duffs' (Published 1914).

BPWalker

BPWalker Report 22 Aug 2010 00:28

Hello,
I was wondering, since you have that family tree, if you could possible help me? Not sure if this branch would be there, but I have a relative I am stuck on:
John Duff
b.october, 1701 in Moulin, Perthshire, Scotland
who died in the USA in 1801 a week or so before his 100th bday.
His daughter, Jane Duff was also born in Moulin and died in 1809 in USA, married Daniel MacFarlane.
His son was Lauchlan. and they were cousins to the famous Rev. Dr. Duff (the missionary) and to another John Duff of Moulin who was "old in 1882."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you,
Breonna

jax

jax Report 22 Aug 2010 02:30

Breonna

Ruth posted this 5 years ago she may not still be a member and checking these boards.

You could always try and contact her by clicking on her name she may still have the same email address

jax

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Aug 2010 15:17

Breonna - why not start a posting of your own

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Aug 2010 15:21

LACHLAN DUFF Pedigree
Male
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 23 FEB 1749 Moulin, Perth, Scotland
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Parents:
Father: JOHN DUFF Family
Mother: MARGARET DUFF
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Aug 2010 15:22

LACHLAN DUFF Pedigree
Male Family
Marriages:
Spouse: JANET FERGUSON Family
Marriage: 14 JAN 1756 Moulin, Perth, Scotland
Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Aug 2010 15:23

LACHLAN DUFF Pedigree
Male
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 07 NOV 1758 Moulin, Perth, Scotland
Parents:
Father: LACHLAN DUFF Family
Mother: JANET FERGUSSON
Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Aug 2010 15:23

LACHLAN DUFF Pedigree
Male Family
Marriages:
Spouse: ELSPETH DUFF Family
Marriage: 03 JAN 1792 Moulin, Perth, Scotland
Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the marriage date.

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 22 Aug 2010 15:24

LACHLAN DUFF Pedigree
Male Family
Marriages:
Spouse: CHRISTIAN KENNEDY Family
Marriage: 05 MAR 1803 Moulin, Perth, Scotland

BPWalker

BPWalker Report 24 Aug 2010 08:32

Thank you so much for this! I actually do have some other postings out, but had gotten no replies on them.
Where did you find these? It looks like the first set may match up. But I am going to check into them tomorrow.... as I am falling asleep....and see what matches!!
I also have pix of Duff gravestones from when I visited Moulin but I was never able to fit the pieces together in my family.
If anyone if interested I would be more then happy to send them along.
Thank you again!
Breonna

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Aug 2010 09:20

Hi there Beronna - found them on this free site

http://www.ancestorhunt.com/mormon_church_records.htm

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 24 Aug 2010 09:26

Husband's Name
Alexander DUFF (AFN:1W93-43J) Pedigree

Born: Abt. 1777 Place:
Died: Aft 1844 Place:
Married: 19 Dec 1808 Place: Logierait, Perthshire, Scotland

Father:
Mother:

Wife's Name
Isabel MCRAE (AFN:15GL-LTK) Pedigree

Born: 1781 Place:
Christened: 20 May 1781 Place: Moulin Parish, Perthshire, Scotland
Died: Jan 1849 Place:
Married: 19 Dec 1808 Place: Logierait, Perthshire, Scotland

Father: David MCRAE (AFN:KX87-3S) Family
Mother: Janet STRONG (AFN:KX87-40)

Children

1. Sex Name
M William DUFF (AFN:1W93-44Q) Pedigree

Born: 1809 Place:
Christened: 30 Jun 1809 Place: Logierait, , Perthshire, Scotland

2. Sex Name
F Elizabeth DUFF (AFN:1W93-45X) Pedigree

Born: 1811 Place:
Christened: 15 Jun 1811 Place: Logierait, , Perthshire, Scotland

3. Sex Name
F Elizabeth DUFF (AFN:1W93-465) Pedigree

Born: 1812 Place:
Christened: 2 Dec 1812 Place: Muthill, , Perthshire, Scotland

4. Sex Name
M David DUFF (AFN:1W93-48K) Pedigree

Born: 1816 Place:
Christened: 7 Jun 1816 Place: Little Dunkeld, , Perthshire, Scotland

5. Sex Name
M Alexander DUFF (AFN:1W93-49R) Pedigree

Born: 1819 Place:
Christened: 8 Aug 1819 Place: Little Dunkeld, , Perthshire, Scotland

6. Sex Name
F Isabel DUFF (AFN:1W93-4B0) Pedigree

Born: 23 Feb 1823 Place: Little Dunkeld, , Perthshire, Scotland

7. Sex Name
F Margaret DUFF (AFN:1W93-47C) Pedigree

Born: 1 Mar 1814 Place: Little Dunkeld, , Perthshire, Scotland

BPWalker

BPWalker Report 25 Aug 2010 06:06

Thank you again!
I do believe Lauchlan, born in 1756 is my GGGGG Grandmother's Brother...now to find info on her.. My line left for the states in 1807/8, so the others you posted could most likely be relatives that stayed there.
Jane was born circa 1763 in Moulin and died in 1809 or April 15th, 1818 in Perth, NY, USA.
I will check that link.
Cheers!
B.