Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Heather Young

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heather

Heather Report 11 Sep 2004 00:39

Hello, my name is Heather Young. (Nee Blackie).I was born in Dunfermline in 1955, to a differant family.but I was adopted by the Blackie family that year. My sister Jean was born in Dunfermline in 1943. She is their real daughter. Our father was James Thorburn Blackie. He married a Jean Eley from Inverkeithing. My father told me he was born in Gifford Scotland He came from a line of family bakers, of which they used to have a shop in Hospital Hill, Dunfermline Scotland. He was a very good baker but was not in the family business, as his family did not get on with my mother. He was born in 1901.He died in 1982. I never met any of his family, but would love to hear from any of them now. He had two brothers who were killed in the second world war, both on the same ship I think one was called Robert,and the other was called Thomas. as he was always talking about them. I remember visiting an aunt in Edinburgh who was related to my dad. her name was Lilly, I know she had at least one daughter who's name I cannot remember. It could have been Margaret, but I am not sure on that. If anyone can help I would be grateful, thanks.