Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Isabel Kilvington-Shaw

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Isabel

Isabel Report 13 Jul 2003 13:16

I have a detailed Kilvington family tree for Kilvingtons based in Hunsingore, North Riding of Yorkshire from around 1740 - 1900. I am trying to get back eralier but am stuck on a James Kilton, possibly from Kirk Hammerton. Can you help ? If you are interested or can help please leave a message for Tessa

Christine Anne

Christine Anne Report 22 Jan 2011 22:09

hi my great grandma was elizabeth kilvington born 1848 to james and mary james born 1810 at tockwith mary born 1807 tockwith elizabeth born in copmanthorpe married william dixon 1868 they lived in wistow where william was a farmer they had 12 children the youngest edith emily was born 1891 she was my paternal maternal grandma ,as i cannot get back further than james i would be interested if your kilvingtons match up with mine regards christine

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Jan 2011 22:33

Christine, keep an eye on the date threads were started - this one is over 7 years old. I would try sending a message to Isabel by clicking on her name. if genes have her current email address she will be notified.
jan

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 23 Jan 2011 16:35

Hi Christine Anne, you can also try putting the names you are researching into the Search Trees box above to see if anyone else on this site has them in their tree. If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner.

If you would like help with your research, then why not try starting a thread of your own? Take a look at the Help Clinic - above left hand corner - for further advice.

Afternoon jan~~~~~~~~~

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 23 Jan 2011 17:48

Hello there Cynthia!