Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret Thomas

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 6 Dec 2002 20:55

hi, my name is paul branney ,my parent's are peter branney and regina branney nee holt. my mum was originally from rhodes in middleton her mother was alice and her father was arthur and my dad who passed away in 1998 was from salford his mothers name was mary .my surname is not a very common one and i would like to hear from any other branney's and learn a bit more about where my surname came from.

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Dec 2007 11:31

Hi Margaret,

I don't think I have contacted you before, but it seems Paul Branney is writing through you. I share his interest in the Branney surname.
My GG Grandfather was George Branney married to a Sarah Starkey. They lived in Belfast Ireland. They had 10 children. Hugh,Elizabeth,Margaret (my g Grandmother) Mary Ann, John, Jane, Catherine, Sarah, Alice and Thomas.
I have some researchers in Ireland trying to track the Branneys. With the many who emigrated from Ireland during the famine who knows where they ended up. As you say it isn't a very common name.
Margaret

Starkey

Starkey Report 2 Sep 2021 05:44

Hi Margaret
I hope this reaches you. I have a Thomas Starkey born c1835, Down Patrick Down Ireland, Father was John Starkey born c1851. Thomas Starkey married Lucinda King 4/11/1867. I only have 2 daughters of Thomas & Lucinda- Mary Ann born c 1869 CLOUGH, DOWN, IRELAND, & Eliza Jane (Which could be Elizabeth) born 2/6/1872 Downpatrick, Down, Ireland.
John Starkey's father was also John Starkey born 1810, He married Mary Keane (or Keen?) & then Catherine Rooney born c1810.
I also have an Alice Starkey Born c 1861, Margaret Starkey born c1855 Ireland 1901 Census
Residence at the 31st of March 1901
61 Kildare Street Ardglass Down.
Do not sure if this is the family you are looking for. Our Starkey family immigrated to Australia & New Zealand. Belfast is only 30 minutes from Down Patrick.
If you do get this email I would be very interested in any updates you have or whether we have a family connection. Im in Western Australia.
regards
Leona Starkey

nameslessone

nameslessone Report 2 Sep 2021 08:17

Starkey - another reply to an old post.

The first Margaret (2002) is no longer a member. The second Margaret (2007) is still a member. Click on her name and send a pm. She may not reply.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Sep 2021 08:43

Your post on this message board is not an e-mail.

Follow the advice above about trying to make contact.