Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Fletcher

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 23 Jul 2006 20:51

From Diane Palmer FLETCHER FAMILY - COVENTRY I am trying to tie up various members of my Grandmother's family. Her name was Harriett Fletcher b 1872 wno married Arthur Ernest Lines. Her sister was Alice Fletcher b 1869 and I have traced her through to 1891 when she married Walter Sterland. It would be nice to contact any of Alice's family. Until now I didn't know Alice was my mother's aunt. My mother was Ivy Ethel Lines b 1912. Alice & Harriett's brother William Henry b 1867 I think died. From new information I have now found their father was William Henry b 1837 I understand born in Coventry, he had a sister Mary Ann Fletcher who was born in Louth, Lincolnshire and possibly a sister Louise also born in Louth (but no info of her in Coventry so presumably died young) New info - William b 1837 married Emma Connally. William and and had a daughter Mary Ann b1855 In Coventry. I think Emma died and William and daughter Mary Ann disappeared from Coventry for a while. William married again (abt 1865) to Caroline Keene who is the mother to Alice, Harriet and young William. On the Hot Matches I cancelled, by mistake, a reference to a William Fletcher and Mary Ann who were both said to have been born in Louth. I am wondering if these were any connection with my family. Places of birth and living often were changed. Any information to help me tie up these loose ends would be very much appreciated. Someone called Alison contacted me early 2006 about a Clara Fletcher and connections for Louth in Lincolnshire. If you think this might be our mutuals families please contact me again.

Clare

Clare Report 30 Oct 2007 08:01

dear diane, i am also looking for coventry fletchers and a couple of your names match mine. i have a william fletcher 1871, with a sister mary 1866. they are the children of charles and emma. in the 1871 census they are living in the west orchard area of coventry. william is the brother of my great grandfather alfred fletcher. is this any help? please contact me if it is. best wishes, clare fletcher.