Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Farr

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marlene

Marlene Report 3 Jul 2006 05:14

Trying to find details of Elias Farr born 1811, Westminster. He married Mary Peters 6 Oct 1834 Streatham, Surrey and raised their family in Bethanl Green Middlesex. Their children were Alfred b1837, James b1841, Sarah b1843, Jane b1846 and William b1854. I think Elias died 1855 St Giles and Mary went on to marry their lodger Joseph Talbot and produce a daughter Emily Talbot, Joseph and Mary were living in Bexley, Kent in the 1861 census. I trying to go back further than Elias but have hit a brick wall. Anyone out there with clues? Would love to hear from you as this is becoming so frustrating. Thanks, Marlene Farr, Australia,

Janet

Janet Report 24 Sep 2007 23:25

Marlene
I am descended from an Alfred Elias Farr who emigrated to N.Z around 1860-I think. I have ben unable to find a birth or any record of him in England. I was interested to see you had an Elias Farr who had a son Alfred. I was also intersted because Alfred called a son born in 1883 Joseph Talbot Farr. Ican't help you with Elias but wondered if you could give me any idea where the children were born so I could check whether Alfred did have the second name Elias
Jan South New Zealand

John

John Report 25 Sep 2007 02:20

Marlene,

I first noted any entry in the Pallot's Marriage Index for England (1780-1837), for a marriage between a Geo Farr and a Jane Savill in 1809 at St Anne, Soho. I then checked the LDS database and found a marriage record of 22 May 1809 Saint Anne Soho, Westminster, London, England (Batch No.: M062361) . Given Elias's full name was Elias Savill Farr, it sounds a promising lead to his parents.

Regards
John, Australia