Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Randall

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 5 Nov 2005 22:31

Trying to find any information on Randalls in Birmingham (particularly Aston). My Grandfather was George Randall. I think his middle name was Andrew, but I have also heard mention of the name Hines as a middle name. He married my Grandmother - Hilda and a son: Anthony. I believe my Grandmother's maiden name was Yates, but I'm not sure; she was married once before to a man who died of TB (I think) during the 2nd World War. I know nothing else about the Randalls or the Yates. Any information would be really appreciated.

Erica

Erica Report 19 Nov 2007 14:49

Hello Lynsey,

My grandmother was Ada Randall of Birmingham 1897 in the Aston Parish. She married Charles Ernest Onley in Aston in 1920. Sadly I have nothing on her side of the family so like yourself I'm searching for anyone too. So if by any chance you get some positive responses could you also pass them onto me. It would most certainly be appreciated. Naturally I will do likewise. I wish you the best of luck with your challenge whether you help me or not, good luck.
Sorry I could be of no assistance to you, have you tried looking on Ancestry at all? That is a very good site & you can get 2wks I think it is free membership whilst you check it out to see if it serves your purpose but not only that you can assess many things for free, it just doesn't give much information unless you are good in detective work.If you are you can work out to a certain extent who is related to whom.

Best wishes
Erica (Australia)

Erica

Erica Report 1 Feb 2008 16:30

Me again Lynsey, sorry to bother you but I was lying here thinking about your post then realised you'd mentioned the name Hines even if used as a middle name the chances are it was that persons mothers name. Well I have a friend who also has Hines in her tree I shall get her to get in touch with you she is away at present until Sunday but as soon as she gets back I'll email her to get her to leave you a message on here too. I do hope you are receiving these messages I would have thought I'd have had an acknowledgement from you by now. However it is awhile ago perhaps you aren't a member anymore. Oh dear that would be a shame just as we may have something for you.

Best wishes

Erica

Lee Valerie

Lee Valerie Report 6 Sep 2008 11:48

hi my name is lee adams and im trying to find Randalls in Birmingham too. My father is called Stuart he was born 9.8.70 and his father is called Anthony and mother called Janet Randall do you think there is any connection email me at [email protected]