Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Williams

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 31 Jul 2005 16:46

I would like to fing my parents, brother and sisters whom I have never met the only information that I have is as follows father Trevor Lawson Williams DOB 25/10/1932last know 302 Gloucester Road Cheltenham Mother edith Ann Williams formally Knowles DOB 07/08/1934 may have remarried Slade sister Ann roberta williams DOB 17/02/1954 last known in Southhampton sister Margaret Jane Williams DOB 30/09/1958 last known living in Cheltenham and as one child Sister sandra Williams DOB 10/06/1961, Bother Michael Keith Williams DOB 07/04/1955 if anybody knows of the above please contact me i have since this message was posted that my father trevor lawson williams has died in 2002 my mother has remarried in hackney in1985 to a man called francis j hyde now living in Birkenhead in liverpool should anybody have any further information please contact me thank you

Margaret

Margaret Report 3 Dec 2018 22:55

Hello Susan
Have been trying to find you
Please contact me
Mags

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Dec 2018 23:08

Try sending a PM.

If Sue still has the email she registered 13 years ago, she will be notified

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Dec 2018 09:31

Sue has deleted her account. What a shame :-0

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Dec 2018 11:04

Oh dear!!
Any advice where we can go from here?
Thank you for the update though....much appreciated.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 4 Dec 2018 13:25

Without going into precise details such as full dates of birth, what information do you have about Sue?

Who were her parents? Is her statement correct? Did they divorce or was she put up for adoption/into Care?

If she was adopted, her name would have been changed, but you could register with this site & hope she has too.
https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Dec 2018 15:27

Susan was adopted due to family circumstances.
I have date of birth but don’t know date of adoption. Taken advice to contact adoption intermediary agency
Looking at marriage record as well - P Trigg 1982 (not sure if on right path)!!

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 5 Dec 2018 03:41

Don't know as it's much help but name on boards is Susan Russell

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Jul 2021 19:44

Hi ?? I am still trying to locate my sister Susan. Just wondered if anyone has any advice on what I can do next. I have Susan’s birth certificate,;which does not mention adopted & Confirmation from adoption contact register, so assuming Susan was in care. Marriage to P Trigg in 1982 & I think he remarried in 1986. Unfortunately I cannot find out if she remarried. I think there were 2 children (girl & boy) unfortunately the boy died before a year old.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Jul 2021 21:09

Have you bought a copy of the marriage cert to be completely sure that it's the correct one?
(Though given her middle initial and the location, it seems very likely - assuming she wasn't adopted and her name changed.)

What does her middle initial P stand for?

If this is the child you think died before a year old, he is NOT Susan's son - his mother's maiden surname was Roberts.

Births 1984 (>99%)
TRIGG NEALE SIMON W ROBERTS GLOUCESTER 22 2264

Deaths 1984 (>99%)
TRIGG NEALE SIMON W 17MR1984 GLOUCESTER 22 1940

However, a Trigg / Williams daughter was born in Cheltenham in 1985.
I don't see her after that, with surname Trigg.

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Jul 2021 21:17

Susan’s middle name is Patricia & she married Paul R Trigg in 1982 I have Susan’s marriage certificate. Stacie Marie was born in 1985 & James Michael in 1987. I have record that Paul Trigg remarried in 1986/7
Thanks Mags

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Jul 2021 21:34

Paul currently living in Worcester , per Electoral Roll - not that that's any help in finding Sue.

As Elizabeth said in her post in 2018, Sue's board name is/was Sue Russell.
I don't see a marriage to account for that - at least not in England / Wales / Scotland.

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Jul 2021 21:58

As cannot find marriage for name Russell this made me think this may have been adopted name that’s why I contacted Adoption contact register. I have even been thinking of writing to Paul but a bit apprehensive about this!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 4 Jul 2021 22:07

As you're sure the Trigg marriage is the right one, then she can't have been adopted, or she would have married as Russell, not as Williams, which was her birth surname.

In my previous post, I meant that she didn't marry a Russell as either Williams or Trigg. (In case she had joined GR under a married name instead of her maiden name.)

I don't see any harm in writing to Paul, unless you think it might cause trouble if for some reason he hasn't told his present wife that he was married before.
As they divorced about 35 years ago, it's probably unlikely he will know where she is now, but at least you could tick that off your list of things to try.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Jul 2021 10:17

If she married as Williams, she can’t have been adopted, yet you state that she was. Unless she was adopted by a family named Williams

If she was adopted, her name at marriage would normally have been different

And the woman who posted on here 16 years ago was apparently named Russell. Whether that was a ‘single’ name or a married name, there is no way of knowing, as she doesn’t appear to have put her tree on GR

alviegal

alviegal Report 5 Jul 2021 11:43

I have sent you a couple of electoral roles but no idea if they relate to your Susan.

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 5 Jul 2021 12:57

There is a Susan Russell of the right age (+/-2) currently living in Cheltenham - but her maiden name was Joyner.

There's also a Susan P Russell of the right age +/-2, in Stroud - at least up to 2018 - whose maiden name was Warner.

Also a Susan Russell in Gloucester whose maiden name was Harris, and who is also several years older than your Susan.

But anyway, your Susan could be living anywhere. There's no reason to assume she's still in Gloucestershire.

Margaret

Margaret Report 5 Jul 2021 16:48

Thank you for the info very much appreciated

David

David Report 7 Jul 2021 09:37

Adoptees have been known to revert back to using their birth surname. It's always wise to bear that in mind

Margaret

Margaret Report 7 Jul 2021 20:54

Okay will do
Many thanks