Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find McEvoy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Michael

Michael Report 16 Jun 2005 14:37

Michael McEvoy, Trying to find my cousins, the children of Francis born 21/06/1916, died 14/03/ 1990 & Joan. The names are, Christine (deseced) Christopher,Simon, Valerie and ?.I am trying to do a family tree just started.

Mary

Mary Report 20 Oct 2007 18:43

Do you know who Francis parents were. I am looking for info on a Frank McEvoy but your Frank may have been too late for me. His mother would have been 47 having him, I suppose she could have been.

Michael

Michael Report 23 Oct 2007 12:19

Hello Mary,
Just found your message. You can have a look at my tree. Francis was brother to my Father born in 1916, his Mother my Grandmother was born in1879
Good luck Michael

Michael

Michael Report 13 Jun 2020 20:10

Im looking for the children of Frank & Joan McEvoy

they are Christine (dececed). Christopher Simon and Valarie

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 13 Jun 2020 21:11

Other thread of today's date, with some replies:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1384848

I think there may have been an earlier thread as well, fairly recently, as the names sound familiar, but I can't find it now.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2020 09:32

Michael’s other thread was about people supposedly missing from the 1901 census - on Genealogy Chat
He hasn’t looked at the replies - or, if he has, he hasn’t acknowledged them
As with this thread, no location info given

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Jun 2020 09:41

I think there must have been yet another one, as I recognised the names, and that thread doesn't mention names:

https://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1384623

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2020 10:49

5 posts against Michael's name - all accounted for, I think

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 14 Jun 2020 11:48

Hmmm - strange.
I wonder if posts on a deleted thread are deducted from the total.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Jun 2020 11:55

Another little GR mystery ;-)

Inky1

Inky1 Report 21 Jun 2020 16:46

And yet another little GR mystery...
Of the three threads started by 'Michael' only this one shows forename and surname against 'posted by'. The other two threads just show forename. Does that mean that the system does not modify earlier threads when someone changes their board name?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jun 2020 17:03

And one more - why do people post requests and then never bother to look at the replies?

There are so many at the moment

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 19 Jul 2020 15:26

I've sent another PM today (I know Erika sent one a few weeks ago), advising against starting any more threads re this family, and requesting a reply on any one of the existing threads.