Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Brothers

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 6 Feb 2005 00:05

I am trying to find information about my grandfather Alfred Price Brothers born 12 March 1896, Howden le Wear, Co Durham. His father was William Brothers born 10 January 1870 and his mother was Bertha Carr Turnbull born approximately 1871. William's parents were Jane Price born Chatham, Kent in approximately 1836 and Robert Brothers born Newry, Co.Down, Northern Ireland in approximately 1822. Alfred and my grandmother Alvina Simpson were never married and their daughter Rita Simpson born 10 July 1920 was my mother. Even though they lived in the same village she was never allowed any information about her father Alfred and his family nor was she allowed any contact with him. He lived with his family in Witton le Wear, Co. Durham and was I believe Manager of Hintons in Darlington or Bishop Auckland for some time. I would be grateful for any information about him and his family especially any photos. I appreciate that because of the situation between Alfred and my grandmother that this may be a sensitive issue in the Brothers family but my grandfather and his family have been a huge black hole for us which we would like to fill - even if it is just an image of him. I believe Alfred married later and had more children. My mother Rita married John Robert (Bob) Taylor on 4 November 1944 in Hunwick, Co.Durham and we emigrated to New Zealand in June 1955.