Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Stothard

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 21 Nov 2004 20:55

I am hoping to find any stothards from lincolnshire. They had a farm in Wellingham. Edwin Stothard built a chapel in the local village. He was married to Charlotte Le Merchant. The family were Quakers.

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 8 Mar 2008 12:52

Hi Catherine
My name is Yvonne Stothard and I was born in Boston Lincs and my Stothard family lived in Wainfleet. My father was Keith, he had a brother Mansell. I dont know much about this side of the family as I didnt actually meet my dad until 13 years ago and he has since died.I know that there are family graves in Wainfleet and a relative Sarah Stothard still lives there, it was her who helped me with my search. Her Dad and My grandad were cousins. Mansell lives in Doncaster now. Could this be the same tree ?

~flying doctor~

~flying doctor~ Report 8 Mar 2008 21:48

My Stothards came from Hibaldstow Lincs. My great grandfather then moved to Yorkshire. If I can be of any help contact me. Elaine.

Colin

Colin Report 24 Apr 2011 10:30

we have the stothard in our tree frances stothard born 1901 yorkshire
charles dobson stothard born 1868 joseph stothard born 1832 and john stothard born 1800 yours colin