Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Carolan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 14 Nov 2004 23:45

Hi Looking for my sister. She was adopted in the 1960's. Birth name was Barbara Ann Carolan. Born January (I think) 1963 (ish). Mother Teresa Carolan father unknown to me. Born in the London area. Adopted from Catholic girls Home. Maybe in the Warrington area with a different name. have a picture of her aged about 12 -18 months sitting on grass with a young boy of about 2-4 years holding her around the waist. I dont know who the boy is. Could be an older brother from her adopted family. She would be about 41 now. Barbara your birth mum is looking for you and has been for years. Anyone with any information please contact me. Thanks x

brenda

brenda Report 24 Jul 2018 00:51

have messaged you July 2018

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

greyghost

greyghost Report 24 Jul 2018 12:20

Brenda,

The thread is 14 years old, Susan is probably not looking here for replies now.

If she still has the same email address she registered with GR they can let her know there's a message from you in the system. EDITED sentence - to read correctly.

After this length of time you have to hope she is in the position to receive/access the message and to reply.

Check your sent box - if a green envelope icon is by the message it hasn't been opened. Envelope icon gone - message has been opened - hope for reply.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 24 Jul 2018 13:31

Isn't that what Brenda has done?

Or am I misinterpreting her post?

brenda

brenda Report 24 Jul 2018 15:20

I have sent a private message and atm this shows in my sent messages with a green envelope closed, so I have assumed that this has not been opened unless that green icon either changes or disappears.

Am I correct in my thinking ?

Thanks for your comments, they are appreciated xm

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 24 Jul 2018 16:09

Yes, that's right - as Greyghost indicated.

Don't give up hope if nothing happens soon - sometimes it can take a long time for someone to read or reply to a message.

But if no reply, there are many possible reasons -
change of email address; health or age considerations; message going to "junk" mail and not being noticed; and so on.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 17 Aug 2018 17:43

Brenda, if you are related to Barbara Ann Carolan, suggest she adds her name to the adoption contact register. There's always the possibility that Susan has as well.

https://www.gov.uk/adoption-records/the-adoption-contact-register

brenda

brenda Report 17 Dec 2019 06:04

Thanks for your input last year ........ was successful in making contact with Susan who is indeed my birth sister (there’s defo no mistaking if you could see and hear us together lol) Travelled to Australia earlier on this year where I was re-united with my birth mother and again, no mistaking on looks. Met my other sister also in Australia and all has gone reallly well. Visit to me in Uk planned early 2020 and will be meeting up with our brother from London (not met yet) . Happy days xx. :-)

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 17 Dec 2019 11:49

Excellent news, Brenda!
Thanks for letting us know.