Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Vare

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 28 May 2004 18:32

Hi, I am trying to find any information on my Great Grandmother May Vare born 16th March 1892 Moorhill West End, Southampton, Hampshire and she died 5th July 1966 at the Royal S Hants Hospital, Southampton, Hampshire. Did she have any other brothers and sisters? My great grandmother was married to a Mark Richard Shutler from Southampton, they had Mark(john),Phyllis,Roy and Glen. May Vare parents were Arthur Vare b.1856 - we think he might have been a butcher by trade and Edith Mary Hiscock b.1858. I have no information on them apart from Southampton and Cranborne in Dorset might be a link? Any help and information will be appreciated!

Janc

Janc Report 28 May 2014 23:25

Hi
I know this an old post. Have you had any success. My grandmother was a Vare and I have traced quite allot of the family from West End, Botley and Bitterne.
Please let me know if I can help.
Jan

Kucinta

Kucinta Report 29 May 2014 00:30

Jan,

Try clicking on Karen's name so you can send her a message direct. As you say, it's an old post and she is unlikely to be monitoring it, but may well respond to a pm, if she still uses the site.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 29 May 2014 00:31

Hi Jan

Since this thread is 10 years old I doubt that Karen will still be checking for replies.

You could try clicking on her name and sending a private message. If she still has her current email address registered with Genes she will be notified that she has a message from you.

Kath. x