Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Charvill

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kevin

Kevin Report 14 Aug 2003 08:19

I am researching all Charvill(e)s as I believe they are all related somehow as it is such a rare name. The branch that I am interested in came from Derbyshire in the 19th century but the founder of that branch was born in Ware in 1801. There is also a family in Suffolk which I havent proven a link to yet. Any help would be appreciated Kevin Ryall

Anthony

Anthony Report 22 Sep 2007 10:48

Hi Kevin. I do not have any links with the Derbyshire Charvills but I do have links with those in Ware.
My great grandmother was Joanna Charvill (1850 -1928)
born in Ware. She had a brother Joseph (1839) and a sister Caroline (1841).
Their parents were George Charvill (1816 -1852) and Sarah Camp (1818 -1852) both born in Ware.
Is it possible that you have any information that could help me trace this tree further back please.
Best regards. Tony.

Louise

Louise Report 17 Mar 2011 11:59

Hi Kevin,

I'm still early on in my research of my tree, but my great grandmother was born Helen Charvill, possibly around 1909.

She married Roy Gray in the summer of 1931 in Lewisham London.

I don't know when precisely she died, but it was early on in her marraige, possibly 1938.
Kind regards
Louise Wilkinson (nee South)

dieseljockey

dieseljockey Report 17 Mar 2011 15:51

Hi Kevin,
Charvill's did actually live in Ware in Hertfordshire. They were the owners of a garage, Charvill Bros, which was situated in Baldock Street, Ware at the junction with Watton Road. They use to sell Vauxhall cars, sadly when one of the brothers died the garage shut down. The only brother that I can remember was John. I believe that they use to own a lot of property in the town of Ware. I believe also that they use to live in Coronation Road in Ware.
They also had a small garage in Wadesmill, which is situated just north of Ware.
I hope this is of some help to you
Good hunting
Best Regards
Dieseljockey

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 18 Mar 2011 14:50

Hello Lousise and Dieseljockey,

I hate to tell you, but this message was posted such a long time ago and it is doubtful if Kevin is looking for replies or even a member still.

You can click on his name and send your messages that way - if he still has the same email address, he will be notified.

However, it may be better for Louise especially, to put the names you are researching, along with approximate dates/places of birth, into the Search Trees box above to see if anyone on this site has them in their tree. If you find a connection, you can contact the tree owner.

If you would like help with your family tree research, then why not start a thread of your own? Take a look at the Help clinic - above left - for further advice. Regards. Cx.