Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Coulman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barry

Barry Report 8 Jun 2003 00:29

Trying to find Andrew Coulman, Born 1823 Broadhempston. Would like to know parents as well

Richard

Richard Report 3 Sep 2010 16:58

Hi Barry
I don't know if you are still looking for Andrew Coulman of Broadhempston born 1823 but I have Church Records for Broadhempston & I have looked through them for you.
There is only 2 Andrew Coulman's that I can find, 1:- Andrew Coulman baptised 26th November 1802 son of George & Joan Coulman.
2:- Andrew Coulman baptised 16th November 1834 son of George & Elizabeth Coulman.
There is also a marriage for George Coulman to Joan Rowe on 27th September 1802.
Hope this is of some use to you.
Best wishes
Richard

Mike *

Mike * Report 3 Sep 2010 16:59

This posting is 7 years old !

Flick

Flick Report 3 Sep 2010 17:02

Ricahrd

You have obviously noticed the age of this posting.....why, then, have you not used the PM system to try to make contact?

As a side issue........I note that impolite requests are not a recent innovation on GR........the 2003 message is short on manners!

Richard

Richard Report 3 Sep 2010 21:42

sorry I thought I was helping but perhaps it isn't needed

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 3 Sep 2010 21:54

you were Richard - it was kind of you - but Barry has never ever revisited his posting

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 4 Sep 2010 12:29

I don't think Barry revisited because no one replied until Richard :)

I don't think we could even reply on these boards then :)

I don't think it is a question of bad manners, a lot of us put....trying to find.....looking for.........back then. If you remember, there wasn't hoards of eager helpers back then searching through every surname, it was more a way of people searching the same name contacting each other. I used to do the same, I usually was able to help more people then they could help me lol

I actually removed all my messages and don't post on surname boards anymore when the boards changed because I don't want people who are not researching the same name to be "helping" me. i'd rather keep my surname interests to myself. :)))

I usually go to records or chat if I need wider help on a particular surname or subject, I never saw this board or the surname board as a lookup service so never adjusted to the change lol

It's a shame that we don't have that facility anymore, however, I'm sure more people would say that they've benefited from the change.

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~  **007 1/2**

~~~Secret Red ^^ Squirrel~~~ **007 1/2** Report 4 Sep 2010 12:31

PS you were helpful Richard and here is as good a place to reply as the pm. If Barry has left, changed his email address he won't get your pm either, He or indeed others may come across this on a google search.

It's probably best to do both, pm and post :)