Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find ancestor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dennis

Dennis Report 17 Nov 2002 00:35

I know its one of the commonist names in the UK ,and the USA if my research is correct,but I am looking for a link for the Taylor side of my family I know my grandfather originated from Welney in the Fens and certainly had a brother and maybe a sister because the family name of Markham is known to be associated with the Taylors in the Fens.My grandfather trailed his family around Fenland towns and villages from 1899 until 1920. He was landlord of the Bedford Arms on the north bank outside Peterborough in 1910 and landlord of the Five Bells Gedney Hill? Fleet? in 1911 < his youngest son Stanley, Died recently was born at the Five Bells in 1911. The family finally settled in Ailesworth Peterborough around 1920 and most of them stayed there . I myself was born in the village but no longer live there. I would also be interested in any information regarding my mothers family the Frosts who came from the East side of Peterborough my paternal g g father shows up in Kelly`s as a Beer seller in Eastfield Road Peterborough in the 1870`s and who I believe to be my maternal g g father as a horse dealer in Star Lane Peterborough with the name of Foster Names researching TAYLOR Welney area FROST Peterborough FOSTER Peterborough