Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Judith Percy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judith

Judith Report 7 Jul 2007 17:20

My name is Judith Mary Percy - nee Sheehan. I was born in Brisbane, Australia 18/11/1953. I am a daughter of James Sheehan and Mary Daly who married in Brisbane 06/09/1947 at Holy Cross (Catholic Church) Wooloowin. They had 8 children and lived at Enoggera in Brisbane, Australia, James Sheehan died 16/05/1997. His son James Joseph Sheehan (Banker) married leona Ray Williams (banker)in Brisbane April, 1978, no children. now live Aspley, Brisbane. Dennis Charles Sheehan (Civil Engineer) married Francis Ruth Maloney in Rockhampton Novermber 1977, they have one daughter Miranda Joan. now live Brisbane City. Brian Lawrence Sheehan (Public Servant) married Vickie Pelling in June 1979, they have 4 childrden Sarah Elizabeth, Thomas Patrick (dec) Patrick Brian, Michael James they now live Trinity Beach, Cairns in Queensland. Australia. Judith Mary Sheehan married Robert Sidney Percy (nurseryman)in Brisbane 19/05/1984, they have 2 children , Jennifer Ellen and Ryan James. they live in Aspley, Brisbane, Aust. Anne Elizabeth Sheehan married Murray Keith Thomas (Dentist) in Brisbane 20/08/1977, they 4 sons. Cameron Murray, Mitchell, Lachlan and Duncan.they live in Canberra Act. Aust. Gregory Peter Sheehan (Architec) married Louise Gordon in Brisbane July, 1989 later divoiced. He re-married Tracey Lee Wallan 26/04/2003 in Brisbane, they have a baby son Clancy James. Helen Maree Sheehan (Public Servant) married Peter George Senior in Brisbane June 1985. who later separated they have a son Alex and Daughter Allison. they live in Mt Gravatt, Brisbane, Aust. Bernard John Sheehan (Banker) married Michelle Farrell in Brisbane 25/07/1996 later devoiced. re-married Leanne Cowan in Brisbane on 04/06/2005, they have a new baby son Riley born 22/05/2007. My father James Sheehan's parents were James Joseph Sheehan & Catherine Anne Thompson, were married in Brisbane at St Bridget's at Red Hill. 1901. They had 7 children. Maurice Sheehan accidently killed Gladstone at age 36. Samuel Sheehan, policeman married Eileen Mead,Brisbane had 8 children. He was a policeman and lived in various police stations including East Brisbane, They later retired to Kangaroo Point. Desmond Sheehan, (Policeman) never married.Brian Sheehan (Policeman), married Pam and had 5 children. Maurice Sheehan (Policeman), married Mearle they had 4 children, Catherine Sheehan (Candotti) married Luigi, no children.Samuel Sheehan (Policeman) married and has children, John Sheehan (Freight) married Gail and has 3 children. John Sheehan died as a baby. Eliza Cullninane Sheehan married Dick Hanlon, and lived in Enoggera, Brisbane, Aust. They had 5 children. Richard Hanlon (deceased) married to Betty had 3 children, James Hanlon married Lenore had 3 children, Jack Hanlon (deceased) married Mitchico and had 6 children., Kitty Hanlon married Brian Boxell and had 6 children. 3 girls & 3 boys. Patricia Hanlon married Dallas Richards seperated and later married Beverley and had a daughter Sharon. Mary Sheehan married Leslie Nielsen a policeman, they had 2 daughters. Denise & Jennifer and lived in Enoggera. Nancy Anne Sheehan married Thomas Clifford Moreton Keynes, (sawmiller) lived in Enoggera, Brisbane, Aust. They only had one daughter Margaret married Lloyd Stirling and have 4 children. Kathryn Stirling married James Noonan. Clifford Stirling married Sarah, Gerrard Stirling married Naigy have one son Jack. Erin Stirling married Dylan,live in Sydney, Australia. James Sheehan's wife Mary Daly was the daughter of Charles Daly & Esther Martins. Charles came to Australia from Country Cork, Ballyduff in Ireland. He was a policeman they married in Maryborough and moved to Townsville where they had 6 children. Charles Martin Daly married Helen in Tennant Creek N.T. they had 2 daughters, Suellen married, 6 children and Elizabeth married 1 son (Aidan) both girls devoiced and remarried. He later devoiced and married Laurel in Tasmania. they had 2 daughters, Leanne and Lisa. Leanne is married to Wayne and live in Perth W.A. Lisa married Peter Brittain (separated) and have 2 children, Matthew and Angela and live in Hobart. Lisa had a son Rhian. Patrick Daniel Daly (now deceased) a policeman married Agnes McGann in Brisbane, they had 3 daughters, Lynette Daly married Colin Fordham, have 4 children later devoiced and live on the Gold Coast of Qld, Aust. Maureen Daly married Steve Souter and have 6 children and live at Bracken Ridge, Brisbane, Aust. Lorraine is married to Larry and lives in Perth W.A. they have 2 children boy & girl Jack Francis Daly married Betty Mae Humphrey in Brisbane Oct/1952. no children. now both deceased. Joan Evelyn Daly (now deceased) married Robert Wilson in Brisbane. they had 5 children, and lived at Inala., Brisbane. They devoiced. Ross Wilson married Wendy and have 3 boys, Cheryl Wilson married Andrew and have 5 children and live in Adelaide, S.A. Gail Wilson is with Tony and have 1 daughter and live in South East Queensland, Aust. Robert Wilson married Gloria and have one daughter Holly and live just outside Brisbane. Graig Wilson married Donna Trapnell and have 2 children and live in Brisbane. Alma Daly married Frank Smart in Brisbane (both deceased) had 2 daughters. Debroah married to Neil and have 5 children Live in Darwin N.T. Susan married and devoiced with 3 children.

Brian

Brian Report 11 Aug 2009 00:04

Hello Judith,
I'm your second cousin; your grandfather Charles Daly and mine, Dan Daly were brothers both born in a place called Lisnagree near Ballyduff Co. Waterford. Their mother was Joanna Donovan from Barnahown, Co Tipperary and 2 of her brothers, John and Patrick, emigrated to Gympie in about 1880. One of John's sons, Jack was killed 6 weeks before the end of WW1 and is buried near Cambrai. My brother visited the grave last week.
I was born in Cork and the family subsequently moved to Monaghan. I qualified as a Civil Engineer and came to England to work for for 12 months in 1969. I'm still here and now retired and have spent nearly 2 years researching the family tree (970 with your additions). I've also done a book of family history and photos although you can rest assured it will never be a best seller.
I have also done a single sheet printout of the descendants of the Dalys as I saw it prior to spotting your comprehensive listing here. I can send on information if you wish to contact me at BTLillis at aol.com
Regards
Brian Lillis

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 11 Aug 2009 00:09

old posting - try and make contact with Judith via GR by clicking n her name to send a message