Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please can anyone find the birth of Philapine Mil

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

una

una Report 15 Jul 2007 15:29

The only record I have of her,is aged 15 on the 1871 RG10/2151/34/p.2 ........... Trying to find out if she was William's daughter by a previous marriage ??.......Cannot find Philapine or the 2 Williams on any other census or bmd's ........Elizabeth (Graham) c.1848 Cambridge, was William's partner........Have tried Milo/Milow/Marlow etc., on BMD complete registers/IGI etc., ....Please can anyone help .....Thankyou....Eunice

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jul 2007 15:30

Birth registration wasn't compulsory until 1875........so it may be that the birth was not registered. Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jul 2007 15:33

For ref...1871 census details William Milo abt 1836 Norwich, Norfolk, England Visitor Hatherleigh Devon Elizabeth Milo abt 1848 Cambridgeshire, England Visitor Hatherleigh Devon Philapine Milo abt 1856 Hull, Yorkshire, England Visitor Hatherleigh Devon William Milo abt 1870 London, England Visitor Hatherleigh Devon Reg

una

una Report 15 Jul 2007 15:36

Thankyou Reg Are ther any sites for christenings in the Hull area?

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon)

Angela now in Wilts (not North Devon) Report 15 Jul 2007 15:38

Eunice Please can you post the 1871 for ref? Angela (Thanks Reg)

Penny

Penny Report 15 Jul 2007 15:46

where and when did Elizabeth & William marry? personally I'd have transcribed her name as Whilamine

una

una Report 15 Jul 2007 15:53

I'm afraid I haven't found a marriage. Elizabeth gave birth to Walter Ross Milo in June 1878.(father was William Milo an artist),but then she married John McCormack in June 1879,it stated that she was a spinster on MC

Penny

Penny Report 15 Jul 2007 15:56

so she married as Milo - and said she was a spinster - maybe William was her brother then not her husband

una

una Report 15 Jul 2007 16:00

She married as Graham,Father William Graham a stone mason(who appears to be her stepfather)

una

una Report 15 Jul 2007 16:05

1851 HO107/1695/325/11,William Graham a widower & son Robert 1861.RG9/680/9/11.with son Robert & Elizabeth & her mother Carklin???

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Jul 2007 16:18

1881............... Name: Elizabeth Mc Cormack Age: 31 Estimated birth year: abt 1850 Relation: Wife Spouse's name: John Gender: Female Where born: Cambridgeshire, England Civil parish: West Ham County/Island: Essex Country: England Street address: 22 Upper Grey St Condition as to marriage: Married Education: Employment status: View image Occupation: Fireman Wife Registration district: West Ham Sub-registration district: West Ham ED, institution, or vessel: 23a Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Elizabeth Mc Cormack 31 Henry Mc Cormack 7 b. Cubits Town, Middx John Mc Cormack 27 b. Scotland Walter Mc Cormack 3 Which of the couple is Henry's parent? Reg

una

una Report 15 Jul 2007 16:28

Henry was a Milo,he kept the name Milo when he married,but Walter married as McCormack in 1901. Complicated family this lot. Basically what I am trying to find out is. if there is a link between William & Philapine Milo & other Milo families in the Whitby/Robin Hoods Bay Yorkshire areas on the earlier census. Every turning I take to find William & Elizabeth's ancestors.seems to grind to a halt

una

una Report 15 Jul 2007 17:29

Many thanks to Reggie,Angela & Scarlet for trying to help.. Much appreciated, Regards, Eunice