Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can anyone HELP I cant find Charles cooke was Juli

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The small branch

The small branch Report 2 May 2006 16:17

Sorry i have no idea where i got Diana from? its actually Julia SORRY. Hi i have a mystery that i cant solve, can anyone help solve it please because its driving me nuts. My G grandad was called Frank edward cooke born 1871 he married G Granmother Alice May Green b1875 cheltenham. Franks mother was called Julia Cook sometimes Cooke, Coote in 1901(depends what you look at) b 1841. Frank`s dad was called Charles Cooke (i have this from his marriage certificate) he was a cellerman and deseased when he married Alice in 1898. But i cant find him on any censes, marriage or death. I hope you can help slove this as its very annoying, it could be Julia was telling a few fibs and wasnt married at all. Many, many thanks Angie

Elaine

Elaine Report 2 May 2006 16:43

1901 for reference Alice Coote abt 1875 Cheltenham Wife Cheltenham Gloucestershire Frank Coote abt 1873 Cheltenham Head Cheltenham Gloucestershire

Sarah

Sarah Report 2 May 2006 16:47

1881 for reference Frank Cook abt 1871 Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England Son Cheltenham Gloucestershire View Record Frederick Cook abt 1866 Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England Son Cheltenham Gloucestershire View Record Julia A. Cook abt 1843 Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England Head Cheltenham Gloucestershire View Record Louisa Cook abt 1875 Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England Daughter Cheltenham Gloucestershire View Record William Cook abt 1877 Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England Son Cheltenham Gloucestershire

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 May 2006 16:48

'Deceased' fathers were extremely convenient when it came to their offspring getting married.............. Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 May 2006 16:51

I'm leaving this one.........changing names half way through isn't 'on' If a mistake has been made, it should be acknowledged in a 'reply'.............. Reg

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 May 2006 16:54

Changed my mind...........the 1881 image shows Julia as unmarried Reg

The small branch

The small branch Report 2 May 2006 16:54

Yes Reg i do deeply appologies but my phone rang while i was in mid appology. I am very very sorry i just had Charles and Diana in my head for some reason when i wrote it. SORRY Angie

The small branch

The small branch Report 2 May 2006 16:56

Thanks Reg so it appears she was a naughty Julia then as you said it was just a easy way to say husband deseased. Thanks again

The small branch

The small branch Report 2 May 2006 16:57

Thanks Sheila, what (sorry ) does Artisan mean. Angie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 May 2006 16:59

However.............this is in the marriages Name: Charles Cook Year of Registration: 1864 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Cheltenham County: Gloucestershire Volume: 6a Page: 697 Only the one name transcribed, which is a nuisance..........

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 May 2006 17:02

None of it adds up........can't see Julia or Frederick in 1871............ Reg

The small branch

The small branch Report 2 May 2006 17:03

Thanks Reg, That would fit too as they had the first child in 1866. Thanks again.

The small branch

The small branch Report 2 May 2006 17:05

It always made us wonder as my gran was most insistant her name was Cook with an E. I wonder if she knew the secret? But none of the censes are consistant at all by the look of it. Angie

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 May 2006 17:18

I posted this birth reg'n earlier......but deleted when I saw the birth year given in 1901. Having seen 1881.............I think it may be the one you need Name: Frank Edward Cooke Year of Registration: 1870 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Cheltenham County: Gloucestershire Volume: 6a Page: 406 Reg

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 2 May 2006 17:21

i found these Name: Frank Edward Cooke Year of Registration: 1870 Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec District: Cheltenham County: Gloucestershire Volume: 6a Page: 406 Name: Frank Edward Cook Year of Registration: 1874 Quarter of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar District: Cheltenham County: Gloucestershire Volume: 6a Page: 423 if you havent ordered/got it already, you could order but with ref checking on mothers name Julie

Darksecretz

Darksecretz Report 2 May 2006 17:24

and this Name: Frederick E Cooke Year of Registration: 1866 Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep District: Cheltenham County: Gloucestershire Volume: 6a Page: 364 Julie

The small branch

The small branch Report 2 May 2006 17:25

Thank you to you all at least i now have something to be going on with. I really appreiciate all your help especally Reg. Thank you Angie xx

Judy

Judy Report 2 May 2006 18:16

Could this be your Frank? If so, take note, there is the name of the submitter and contact info where you can obtain more information on your tree...... Individual Record FamilySearch™ Pedigree Resource File -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Frank Cook Compact Disc #103 Pin #53021 Sex: M -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Event(s): Birth: 1871 Place: , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Parents: Father: Alfred John Bowen Disc #103 Pin #52617 Mother: Julia Cook Disc #103 Pin #52618 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Notes and Sources: Notes: None Sources: None -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Submitter: Royston MCGRATH 14 Henman Close Point Clare NSW 2250 Julia Cook Compact Disc #103 Pin #52618 Sex: F -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Julia Cook: Event(s): Birth: abt 1843 Place: < Cheltenham, Glos, England --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The small branch

The small branch Report 2 May 2006 19:05

Thanks Judy in the states, it does look like it doesnt it. There cant be many julia cook`s with a son called Frank born in the same year. Thank you. i will try to contact the person to see what gossip they may have. Thanks again angie