Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

please could i trouble sum1 for 1901 lookup.thanks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

chezzy

chezzy Report 29 Mar 2006 17:39

hiya want to find what happened to two rellies..looking for a John Henry Binns b.1879c thornton(last have him in 1891 aged 12 living at 5 commercial st,thornton) and also Grace Binns b.1842c thornton(last got her in 1851 in pinch beck aged 9 working as a spinner) any help much appreciated,many thanks.x

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 29 Mar 2006 17:55

Grace in 1851 for ref will try and follow her thru for you need to know this is the right one first though really Bernard Binns abt 1840 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Son Thornton Yorkshire Grace Binns abt 1842 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Daughter Thornton Yorkshire Hannah Binns abt 1833 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Daughter Thornton Yorkshire Susanna Binns abt 1807 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Head Thornton Yorkshire You can bet mother remarried....

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 Mar 2006 18:01

As you have got thornton as birth place? but grace working at pinchbeck, which thornton was it as their are several thorntons in different counties is it lincs or yorks

Brenda

Brenda Report 29 Mar 2006 18:22

my Grandfather was born Thornton in Cheshire, I found that one under Tromton! Easy mistake. Brenda

chezzy

chezzy Report 29 Mar 2006 18:38

Its Thornton nr Bradford yks,jess yep thats the right one youve got....sorry just ad to go pick daughter up from netball and hubby from work. any help much appreciated as id like to know what happened to them if poss thankyou so much.x

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 29 Mar 2006 18:44

well, at the moment i am struggling - 1851 to 1901 is a huge leap, half a life time! forraging around , need to look and investigate all of these Grace Binns 1863 Jan-Feb-Mar Skipton West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Binns 1863 Jul-Aug-Sep Bradford West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Binns 1867 Jul-Aug-Sep Halifax West Riding Of Yorkshire, West Yorkshire Grace Binns 1868 Oct-Nov-Dec Halifax West Riding Of Yorkshire, West Yorkshire Grace Binns 1875 Jan-Feb-Mar Bradford West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Binns 1878 Jul-Aug-Sep Wortley West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Binns 1881 Jul-Aug-Sep Bramley West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Binns 1881 Oct-Nov-Dec Halifax West Riding Of Yorkshire, West Yorkshire Grace Binns 1891 Jul-Aug-Sep Keighley (1837-1946) West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Binns 1897 Jul-Aug-Sep Halifax West Riding Of Yorkshire, West Yorkshire Grace Binns 1899 Oct-Nov-Dec Sheffield South Yorkshire, West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Binns 1901 Jul-Aug-Sep North Bierley West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Binns 1904 Jul-Aug-Sep Halifax West Riding Of Yorkshire, West Yorkshire Grace Binns 1907 Oct-Nov-Dec Halifax West Riding Of Yorkshire, West Yorkshire Grace E Binns 1912 Jul-Aug-Sep Inman Skipton West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Edith Binns 1897 Jan-Feb-Mar Pancras (1837-1901) London, Middlesex Grace Elizabeth Binns 1897 Jan-Feb-Mar Bradford West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Ellen Binns 1893 Apr-May-Jun North Bierley West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Ellen Binns 1901 Jul-Aug-Sep Burnley Lancashire, West Riding Of Yorkshire Grace Lander Binns 1878 Oct-Nov-Dec Bradford West Riding Of Yorkshire

Brenda

Brenda Report 29 Mar 2006 18:55

hi, looking at the 1891 do you think Elizabeth was john henrys mother? brenda

Brenda

Brenda Report 29 Mar 2006 18:56

Doris Binns abt 1900 Bradford, Yorkshire, England Daughter Bradford Yorkshire View Record Elizabeth Binns abt 1866 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Sister Bradford Yorkshire View Record Hannah M Binns abt 1871 Bradford, Yorkshire, England Wife Bradford Yorkshire View Record Hilda Binns abt 1897 Bradford, Yorkshire, England Daughter Bradford Yorkshire View Record Hiram Binns abt 1870 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Head Bradford Yorkshire do you think this is the same Elizabeth brenda

chezzy

chezzy Report 29 Mar 2006 19:00

my goodness jess see your point...dont worry bout grace then. could you have a look for john henry binns b.1879c thornton,last got him on 1891 living with his gran mary ann(ne hobbs) working as a coal miner?aged 12.. if poss,thankyou so much.x brenda i didnt know which one of the daughters was john henrys mum,dnt think thats them as the only males in family were Alfred,joseph and william t..ive got a hot match with someone on john h but neither of us know much about him im afraid..was hoping to find him on 1901 and then look for marriages and death etc(thanks for your help)

Brenda

Brenda Report 29 Mar 2006 19:03

Jno Hy Ellwood abt 1879 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Son Thornton Yorkshire Just a thought Brenda

chezzy

chezzy Report 29 Mar 2006 19:09

brenda..appreciate your help!! not sure on your last suggestion? theyve not mistranscribed the family before...always been binns and not sure if they took step dads surnames in them days..have other rellies in same scenario and they havent ?

Brenda

Brenda Report 29 Mar 2006 19:13

John W Andrews abt 1899 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Son Thornton Yorkshire View Record Mary H Andrews abt 1876 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Wife Thornton Yorkshire View Record Sam Andrews abt 1877 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Head Thornton Yorkshire View Record Grace Hey abt 1842 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Mother-in-law Thornton Yorkshire Annie Garth abt 1865 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Daughter Bradford Yorkshire View Record Arthur Garth abt 1883 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Son Bradford Yorkshire View Record Grace Garth abt 1842 Thornton, Yorkshire, England Head Bradford Yorkshire I wonder if these two are any good. Brenda

Brenda

Brenda Report 29 Mar 2006 19:17

I just wondered as he was down as a Grandson on the 1891whether Elizabeth Binns was his mother. on the 1901 my grandmother remarried and called all the children by her new name. It took me a year to find them.! Brenda

chezzy

chezzy Report 29 Mar 2006 19:24

Brenda,nothing would surprise me with my rabble,lol. thanks for your time anyway..il keep copies as you never know ! thanks again.x

Brenda

Brenda Report 29 Mar 2006 19:27

Yorkshire Birth indexes for the years: 1840 Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Reference BINNS Grace Thornton Bradford THOR/3/65 Yorkshire Birth indexes for the years: 1841 Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Reference BINNS Grace Thornton Bradford THORN/4/79 mmm 2 of them!

Brenda

Brenda Report 29 Mar 2006 19:32

Yorkshire Birth indexes for the years: 1878 Surname Forename(s) Sub-District Registers At Reference BINNS John H Leeds North Leeds NORT/145/65 My son has been pestering to get off comp, have to go. been good searching. Good luck Brenda