Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 look up please for cambridgeshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 22 Mar 2006 16:13

I am looking for a Frederick Ewin b1852 in Ashden cambridgeshire.I would like to see who he was living with. thanks Sue

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 22 Mar 2006 16:19

I think this is him... Frederick Ewen abt 1852 Ashdon, Essex, England Son Ashdon Essex Mary Ewen abt 1802 Hamlet Bastlow, Essex, England Head Ashdon Essex Matthew Ewen abt 1849 Ashdon, Essex, England Son Ashdon Essex Phillip Ewen abt 1845 Ashdon, Essex, England Son Ashdon Essex

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Mar 2006 16:22

1851.........so you have the father's name Record Emily Ewin abt 1846 Ashdon, Essex, England Daughter Ashdon Essex View Record Frederick Ewin abt 1814 Ashdon, Essex, England Head Ashdon Essex View Record Henry Ewin abt 1843 Ashdon, Essex, England Son Ashdon Essex View Record Mary Ewin abt 1808 Ashdon, Essex, England Wife Ashdon Essex View Record Matthew Ewin abt 1849 Ashdon, Essex, England Son Ashdon Essex View Record Philip Ewin abt 1845 Ashdon, Essex, England Son Ashdon Essex Reg

Susan

Susan Report 22 Mar 2006 16:22

thanks for that although his name is spelt EWIN and I thought it was cambridgeshire not essex Sue

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Mar 2006 16:36

You have to allow for differences in spelling.........and mistranscriptions. To give you an idea of what can happen, I found an entry today for the surname Dempster which was transcribed as Decapita!!! As for the county............Essex and Cambridgeshire share a boundary. You presumably didn't see the 1851 info............. Reg

Dizzy Lizzy 205090

Dizzy Lizzy 205090 Report 22 Mar 2006 17:26

...and I was helping look for a gentleman called Cossey today, and through the censuses he was Cassey, Cossey, Cosley, Colsey and Cofsey. I have in my own tree Prizeman spelt Priseman, Prideman, Prigman and Pridmas. I won't tell you how many variations of Walmsley I have come across. Liz