Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

no trace

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peter

Peter Report 18 Feb 2006 18:29

I AM TRYING TO HELP WITH A FRIENDS FAMILY TREE. ON 20/02/1909 ALEXANDER CHARLES CUMBERLAND 26YRS MARRIED FLORENCE ADA BROUGHAM 22YRS AT LEICESTER. ALEXANDERS FATHER WAS ALSO ALEXANDER CHARLES CUMBERLAND(DECEASED) AND LIVED IN LEICESTER.I CANNOT FIND THEM ON THE CENSUS,WHERE DO I NEED TO GO NEXT.(RUDE ANSWERS NOT APPLICABLE)

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 18 Feb 2006 18:34

Could this be him in 1901? Alex C Cumberland abt 1883 Shepherds Bush, London, England Son Finchley Middlesex George B Cumberland abt 1888 South Kennington, London, England Son Finchley Middlesex Liliam Cumberland abt 1864 Fityroy Squeen, London, England Head Finchley Middlesex Reginald V Cumberland abt 1885 Hammersmith, London, England Son Finchley Middlesex Rose

Jess Bow Bag

Jess Bow Bag Report 18 Feb 2006 18:35

what was alexanders fathers occupation and what address did he give on marriage

Peter

Peter Report 18 Feb 2006 18:37

3 HADDENHAM ROAD LEICESTER OF INDEPENDENT MEANS

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 18 Feb 2006 18:45

Could this be the mother in 1891: Lilian Cumberland abt 1864 Paris Chelsea London Philip Cumberland abt 1888 Kensington, London, England Son Chelsea London and I know I might be stretching things but is this Alex (born out of wedlock to Lilian) and his father? 1891: Alexander Chas Addison abt 1881 Shepherds Bush, London, England Son Willesden Middlesex Alexander Dundas H Addison abt 1855 Edinboro, Scotland Head Willesden Middlesex Charlotte Reudle Addison abt 1853 Teignmouth, Devon, England Wife Willesden Middlesex Lucy Rebecca L Addison abt 1886 Mild Mey Park, London, England Daughter Willesden Middlesex Suzanne

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 18 Feb 2006 18:56

Following the George: Birth: CUMBERLAND, George Bentink 1888 March Births Kensington Greater London London Middlesex Marriage: CUMBERLAND, Philip George B 1909 March Marriages Leicester (1837-1974) Leicestershire Was he brother who moved up to Leicestershire and married the same year? Suzanne

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 18 Feb 2006 18:58

And his fathres occupation? Suzanne

Peter

Peter Report 18 Feb 2006 19:02

OCCUPATION...INDEPENDENT MEANS

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 18 Feb 2006 19:27

Sorry Peter it doesnt seem staight forward........the only other thing I can think of is checking the BMD index images on Ancestry (Free to search) for Alexander Charles Cumbreland birth entry? If you find one in the right years you may have to buy it to prove its the right one. if you dont find one then I suggest he was born under a different name. Suzanne

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 18 Feb 2006 20:03

Found a possible death record for Alexander Sr. Name: CUMBERLAND, Alexander Charles Record Type: Deaths Age at death: 61 Quarter: June Year: 1891 District: Barnet County: Greater London Hertfordshire Middlesex Volume: 3a Page: 148 Based on the age at death, he should have been born about 1830. On the 1851 there is a Alexander Cumberland, b 1830 in Malta (British Subject), lodger, living in Stepney. His occupation is customs clerk. There is no trace of him after that until he appears on the death index. Perhaps he travelled a lot because of his type of occupation. Hope this helps. Rose