Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1861 & 1871 lookup please, Maidstone, Kent

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2005 12:56

see below:

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2005 12:56

Looking for: William Charles Woollett b 1849 Maidstone, Kent died 1885. I have him married in 1877 to Louisa and have them from 1881 onwards. I haven't got marriage cert, so don't know who his parents are. If anyone would take the time to search on Ancestry, I'd be grateful. I believe they would/should be in Maidstone area. Images would be gratefully accepted ;-) Elaine :-)

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 13:08

there is this one.............but if you don't know fathers name or some other detail how will you know he's your chap ? Robert Woollett abt 1819 West Peckham, Kent, England Head Mereworth Kent Robert Woollett abt 1846 Shipbourne, Kent, England Son Mereworth Kent Sarah Woollett abt 1778 Brenchley, Kent, England Visitor Mereworth Kent Sarah Woollett abt 1819 Leigh, Kent, England Wife Mereworth Kent **William Woollett abt 1849 Shipbourne, Kent, England Son Mereworth Kent This one and his father are Blacksmiths in 1871

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2005 13:09

Mine was at one point a 'Labourer in Paper Factory' if this narrows the field down ? Elaine :-) This could be one of the reason's that I have no further info on him .... not knowing who he should be with.

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 13:09

or this one..................... Ann Woollett abt 1821 Deddington, Oxfordshire, England Head Thornham Kent Ann Woollett abt 1849 Maidstone, Kent, England Daughter Thornham Kent George Woollett abt 1858 Bearsted, Kent, England Son Thornham Kent **William Woollett abt 1850 Maidstone, Kent, England Son Thornham Kent This one is a servant by 1871. On a farm

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2005 13:14

This second one looks more likely with being born Maidstone .... but as you say, your searching blindfolded. Thanks anyway esta, I was hoping just 'one' would pop up :-) Elaine :-)

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 13:16

Sorry by previous posts aren't very clear. The family info is from 1861...I then found the same familys in 1871 for the occupations .... (in 1861 William was a scholer) Esta

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 13:22

The william Woollett( Maidstone )might not be a servant on a farm by 1871 - I found anothe possible down as grandson living with grandparent's.......do names mean anything to you ? No paper connection though these are Ag Lab !! 1871 England Census Ann Woollett abt 1805 Thompson, Kent, England Wife Maidstone Kent Eliza Woollett abt 1844 Bearsted, Kent, England Daughter Maidstone Kent John Woollett abt 1805 Maidstone, Kent, England Head Maidstone Kent ***William Woollett abt 1851 Maidstone, Kent, England Grandson Maidstone Kent

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 13:37

I'm thinking the second one might be more likely. William was with family in mAidstone in 1871 and so was Louisa in mAidstone with her family.......!!....MC would solve it for you !

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 13:40

Just had a look at the image for Louisa and her family in 1871........There's a paper connection with them brother is a paperworker sister is employed by paper.................. and there's a visiter who is a paperworker. What do you think ?? and in 1861 her father is a Stoker at Papermill !

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2005 13:56

Thanks Esta .... appreciate you hanging in there. PC crashed. Need to go and check Louisa's info ..... she is my family ... well actually her sister Selina is my GGG Grandma ... bear with me ...I'll cherck what info I have and haven't got for them ! Back shortly Elaine :-)

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 14:00

Must be her family i found then as Selina was on 61/71 that I found........

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2005 14:06

Hi Esta, I've got the 1861 image for Louisa/Selina with family ... Dad James being a Stoker in paper Mill ..... but have no images for info after that for James, Maria etc. Would you be so kind as to follow them through for me ? Would appreciate 1871 image and any others. I think you should have my e.mail addy but just incase I'll send it again ... (erznmine) via pm. Seems that William joined the Paper side of things once he got married then. No need to try any further info on him ... as you say, I need the MC. Elaine :-) I feel so helpless without access to Ancestry, its really frustrating me.

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 14:18

ELAINE I'm afraid I can't send you the images but I will try to follow them through for you ( with ref No ) and hopefully somone will be able to do images. 1861 - you have ( transcribed as why !) 1871 William Dallow abt 1846 Fordcombe; Penshurst, Kent, England Visitor Maidstone Kent Elizabeth Wye abt 1864 Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England Daughter Maidstone Kent Henry Wye abt 1860 Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England Son Maidstone Kent Louisa Wye abt 1854 Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England Daughter Maidstone Kent Maria Wye abt 1829 Hornchurch, Essex, England Head Maidstone Kent Selina Wye abt 1851 Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England Daughter Maidstone Kent William Wye abt 1847 Ilford, Essex, England Son Maidstone Kent Source information: RG10/945 Registration district: Maidstone Sub-registration district: East Maidstone ED, institution, or vessel: 14 Folio: 60A Page: 15 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 86 Father james has died as Maria is a widow. *************************** 1881 Elizabeth Wye abt 1864 Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England Daughter 1 Leaf St, Chorlton On Medlock, Lancashire, England Henry Wye abt 1854 Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England Son 1 Leaf St, Chorlton On Medlock, Lancashire, England Maria Wye abt 1823 Hornchurch, Essex, England Head 1 Leaf St, Chorlton On Medlock, Lancashire, England Source information: RG11/3923 Registration district: Chorlton Sub-registration district: Chorlton Upon Medlock ED, institution, or vessel: 52 Folio: 23 Page: 40 ***************************** Can't see maria in 1891.......see may have died. Hold on she's alive in 1901 !

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2005 14:23

THANK YOU Esta, MUCH APPRECIATED !!!!!! Elaine :-)

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 14:25

Source information: RG13/3698 Registration district: Chorlton Sub-registration district: Chorlton upon Medlock ED, institution, or vessel: 44 Folio: 78 Page: 1 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 3 maria is alive in 1901 living with daughter and husband ( Elizabeth and Alexander McKenna ) Still can't see her in 1891 !

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 14:30

Well no wonder Icouldn't find her in 1891........... Wye, Marian abt 1829 Hornchurch, Essex, England Head Moss Side Lancashire Wye, Elizabeth abt 1865 Kidderminster Daughter Moss Side Lancashire Source information: RG12/3202 Registration district: Chorlton Sub registration district: Hulme ED, institution, or vessel: 85 Folio: 40 Page: 29

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 14:33

Henry in 1891 married Wye, William J abt 1885 Maidstone, Kent, England Son Maidstone Kent Wye, Clara abt 1887 Maidstone, Kent, England Daughter Maidstone Kent Wye, Elizabeth G abt 1884 Maidstone, Kent, England Daughter Maidstone Kent Wye, Emily abt 1859 Douglas, Isle of Man, Isle of Man Wife Maidstone Kent **Wye, Henry E abt 1860 Kidderminster, Worcestershire, England Head Maidstone Kent Wye, Henry E abt 1890 Maidstone, Kent, England Son Maidstone Kent Wye, William abt 1845 Bermondsey, London, England Visitor Maidstone Kent Source information: RG12/690 Registration district: Maidstone Sub registration district: East Maidstone ED, institution, or vessel: 15 Folio: 108 Page: 35 1901 Clara Wye abt 1887 Maidstone, Kent, England Daughter Maidstone Kent Elizabeth Gertude Wye abt 1882 Maidstone, Kent, England Daughter Maidstone Kent Emily Wye abt 1895 Maidstone, Kent, England Daughter Maidstone Kent Emma Wye abt 1859 Isle of Man, Isle of Man Wife Maidstone Kent Henry Edward Wye abt 1860 Kidderminster Head Maidstone Kent Kate Mona Wye abt 1893 Maidstone, Kent, England Daughter Maidstone Kent Selina Louise Wye abt 1898 Maidstone, Kent, England Daughter Maidstone Kent William James Wye abt 1885 Maidstone, Kent, England Son Maidstone Kent Source information: RG13/767 Registration district: Maidstone Sub-registration district: Maidstone ED, institution, or vessel: 17 Folio: 7 Page: 6 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 39

Esta

Esta Report 29 Aug 2005 14:36

Right then Elaine.......Is that everyone ?!.......I think it is. If you sort out all that I've found and then just let me know if any bits are missing !! And if you change the title of the thread I'm sure someone will do the images for you :) Esta

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Aug 2005 14:50

CHEERS Esta !!!! Where do I start I wonder !!! Your a treasure, Thanx ever such a lot. I'll ask for the images on a seperate thread I think or it could get confusing for me and anyone offering ! Elaine :-)