Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Elizabeth (Unknown) born 1838

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 20 May 2005 12:35

Hi, Would like help please to find any information on ELIZABETH (Unknown) born abt 1838 West Ashby Lincolnshire. Elizabeth is the Mother of Ada LEGGETT any information I would be grateful for. Ada Leggett Married Chas T Dodds 1897 Lincolnshire Kind regards Rita

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 May 2005 12:50

Have you got any certs yet ie. Ada,s marriage cert. Ada,s birth cert..? Getting both will give you fathers name & birth cert will give you Elizabeth,s maiden name. Have you found any census details yet? All these will give you a start. Good Hunting Shirley

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 May 2005 12:51

Hi Wendy,, Have you the name of Ada Leggetts father??then there maybe a slim chance a marriage could be found. of him and Elizabeth?? Kay.

The Bag

The Bag Report 20 May 2005 12:54

From where have you got that info? do you know that her mother wasn't Elizabeth Leggett?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 20 May 2005 13:09

Here is Ada,s marriage Gro ref. Ada Leggatt to Charles Thorpe Dodds:- Dec 1897 Horncastle 7a 1189. Getting this will give you her age on marriage & give you a window to search for her birth. Hopefully it will also show her dads name will can give you search data for a marriage of her parents. her birth cert will confirm her parents names Shirley

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 21 May 2005 03:54

Hello to all, I have no certificates as yet, but I have them on the 1881c Rob LEGGETT Head M Age 51 born Scrivelsby Lincoln Betsy (Elizabeth Unknown) Wife Leggett F Age 43 born West Ashby Wm LEGGETT son M Age 10 born Scrivelsby Lincoln Ada LEGGETT DAU AGE 8 born Scrivelsby Lincoln Ada LEGGETT had a daughter 1883 named Elsie born Kirkstead no fathers name mentioned. Ada Married a Charles Thorpe DODDS 1887 he was a Widower Rita xx

Victor

Victor Report 21 May 2005 07:03

Here they are in 1871 1871 England Census Viewing records 1-5 of 5 matches « Global Search Results Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish or Township County/Island View Image Save This Betsy Leggett abt 1839 West Ashby, Lincolnshire, England Wife Serivelsby Lincolnshire Ester A Leggett abt 1867 Dalderby, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Serivelsby Lincolnshire Rebecca Leggett abt 1864 Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire, England Daughter Serivelsby Lincolnshire Robert Leggett abt 1830 Serivelsby, Lincolnshire, England Head Serivelsby Lincolnshire William Leggett abt 1870 Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire, England Son Serivelsby Lincolnshire Source information: RG10/3383 Registration district: Horncastle Sub-registration district: Tetford ED, institution, or vessel: 15 Folio: 142 Page: 3 (click to see others on page) Household schedule number: 9 Victor

Victor

Victor Report 21 May 2005 07:29

Wendy Just done a search on 1837 and there are four Robert Leggett marriages between Dec 1860 and Dec 1864. they are as follows. Leggett Robert Sep 1863 St Luke 1B 949 Leggett Robert Sep 1863 Whitechapel 1C 801 Leggett Robert-Aufiere Jun 1863 Wokingham 2C 633 Leggett Robert Dec 1862 Thelford 4B 1097 As the first three are in the south of England I don't think they are the one's. But the fourth I don't know where Thelford is, so this may be a possibility. You will have to send for the certificate to find out if he married and Elizabeth or a Betsy. Victor

Victor

Victor Report 21 May 2005 07:32

Wendy You more than likely have this already but never mind. IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0 British Isles ROBERT LEGGITT Male Event(s): Birth: Christening: 16 AUG 1829 Scrivelsby, Lincoln, England Parents: Father: WILLIAM LEGGITT Family Mother: ANNE Messages: Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date. Source Information: Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type: C031361 1813 - 1839 0508035 Film 6907932 Film Sheet: 00 And these are other children of William and Ann You searched for: Leggett, British Isles Father: William , Mother: Ann Exact Spelling: Off Batch Number: C031361 International Genealogical Index / British Isles - 4 Select records to download - (50 maximum) 1. MARY LEGGIT - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 15 SEP 1839 Scrivelsby, Lincoln, England 2. THOMAS LEGGITT - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 31 OCT 1833 Scrivelsby, Lincoln, England 3. ANN LEGGIT - International Genealogical Index Gender: Female Christening: 08 JAN 1837 Scrivelsby, Lincoln, England 4. ROBERT LEGGITT - International Genealogical Index Gender: Male Christening: 16 AUG 1829 Scrivelsby, Lincoln, England Victor

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 21 May 2005 08:12

This looks to be Ada's birth - Horncastle covers Scrivelsby. If you buy this, it should give you her mother's maiden name. You need ought to buy some certificates. Births Dec 1872 Leggett Ada Horncastle 7a 531

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 21 May 2005 08:14

What about this marriage from FreeBMD?? Surname First name(s) District Vol Page ---------------------- Marriages Jun 1857 -------------------- Cowley William Horncastle 7a 1039 Kirk Betsy Horncastle 7a 1039 Leggett Robert Horncastle 7A 1039 Tasker Ann Horncastle 7a 1039 Is this them on the 1861? Name Estimated Birth Year Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island View Image Thomas Akinson abt 1842 Langton by Honcastle, Lincolnshire, England Servant Scrivelsby Lincolnshire Robert Bamffew abt 1823 Hameringham, Lincolnshire, England Boarder Scrivelsby Lincolnshire Betsy Leggett abt 1839 West Ashby, Lincolnshire, England Wife Scrivelsby Lincolnshire Robert Leggett abt 1830 Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire, England Head Scrivelsby Lincolnshire Charles Pinter abt 1845 Worlaby, Lincolnshire, England Servant Scrivelsby Lincolnshire Sarah A Simons abt 1854 Kirby on Bain, Lincolnshire, England Visitor Scrivelsby Lincolnshire Address - Manor Farm. Robert is a Farm Bailiff

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 21 May 2005 09:20

Hi, Big thanks to Chloe Victor & Shirley, You all have been such a great help I really do appreciate all what you have done, I will now have to study it all & I guess i really should get some certificates (to see who was the Mother of Elizabeth (Betsy) b1838 West Ashby. Thank you all so much, Kind regards Rita xx

Yvonne

Yvonne Report 21 May 2005 10:53

Hi Wendy, Just to place my twopennyworth in.......on Family Search there is the christening of Betsey Kirk, West Ashby Lincoln on 3rd May 1838 - her parents are Joseph and Frances Kirk. Regards, Yvonne

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 21 May 2005 14:20

Yvonne, Thank you thank you, Well you have really made my day complete now with Betsy Kirk's parents. I will now sleep peacefully here in oz. Best Wishes (Go Arsenal) Rita xx