Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LOVELADY PLEASE HELP

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 15 Apr 2005 15:19

HI I NEED HELP FINDING MY FAMILY AS THEY DONT SEEM TO EXSIST ANYWHERE THEY ARE AS FOLLOWS STEPHEN LOVELADY BORN ABOUT 1880 - CANNOT FIND HIM ON ANY CENSUS FOR LONDON HE WAS MARRIED TO ANN MARSH THOMAS LOVELADY BORN 1913 DIED 1960 WAS MARRIED TO ELIZABETH HENNESSEY HE IS NOT ON ANY CENSUS EITHER CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP I THINK THEY CAME FROM LONDON AS I HAVE A COPY BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR STEPHEN DATED 1931 IN FOREST GATE/WEST HAM DONT KNOW WHY THIS IS AS HIS SON BORN 1913 - ALSO THINK THOMAS HAD BROTHERS - CHARLIE - STEPHEN & JOSEPH BUT AM GETTING NO WHERE AS CANT FIND THEM

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 15 Apr 2005 15:27

the census's only go up to 1901 where was Stephen Lovelady born there are a few on ancestry Jeanette

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Apr 2005 15:32

I am quite confused by your request, please excuse me if i try and lay it out better for me to understand. Jess ___________________________________________________ STEPHEN LOVELADY BORN ABOUT 1880 HE WAS MARRIED TO ANN MARSH THOMAS LOVELADY BORN 1913 DIED 1960 WAS MARRIED TO ELIZABETH HENNESSEY (*or is that 1960) I THINK THEY CAME FROM LONDON AS I HAVE A COPY BIRTH CERTIFICATE FOR STEPHEN DATED 1931 IN FOREST GATE/WEST HAM (* is this a different Steven?) DONT KNOW WHY THIS IS AS HIS SON BORN 1913 - ALSO THINK THOMAS HAD BROTHERS - CHARLIE - STEPHEN & JOSEPH BUT AM GETTING NO WHERE AS CANT FIND THEM (* who is Thomas- having read this again is it thomas that was born 1880 ?) Trying to help Jess

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Apr 2005 15:38

I think Stephen Lovelady was married to Ann Marsh. Then Thomas Lovelady, born 1913, was married to Elizabeth Hennessy. Reading between the lines I think Thomas was the son of Stephen and Ann. I think that's how it reads if I'm not mistaken. Kath. x p.s. I think the certificate dated 1931 was a copy certificate for the Stephen born about 1880.

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Apr 2005 15:40

Sorry i read ' Ann marsh Thomas Loveday' will alter above message! The mist is a little bit thick here...

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Apr 2005 15:42

I can only find one Stephen Lovelady on Ancestry in London, on the 1901 census but he is 43 yrs. old, so too old to be your Stephen. Kath. x

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Apr 2005 15:47

message from poster of request HI THANX FOR TAKING TIME TO LOOK - IT IS THE SAME STEPHEN LOVELADY BORN AROUND 1880 HE MARRIED ANN MARSH - HAVE NO DATES WHEN. I HAVE A COPY BIRTH CERTIFICATE No FOR STEPHEN BORN ABOUT 1880 WHICH IS DATED 1931 & ISSUED AT WEST HAM SO I THOUGHT THEY MUST COME FROM LONDON AREA ALTHOUGH I CANNOT FIND ANY LIVING THERE. STEPHEN & ANN HAD A SON THOMAS BORN IN 1913 WHO MARRIED ELIZABETH HENNESSEY IN 1935 THOMAS DIED IN 1960. STEPHEN & ANN HAD OTHER CHILDREN ALTHOUGH I DO NOT KNOW ANY DATES - ANY CLEARER- MANY THANX TRACEY

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Apr 2005 15:50

Has Jim just copied the above post.....or am I going mad?? Kath. x

The Bag

The Bag Report 15 Apr 2005 15:51

Dunno -Not going mad, going shopping....sorry... jess

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Apr 2005 15:58

Tracey, If you have a copy birth certificate for Stephen Lovelady, even if this was a copy made in 1931, it should have his exact date of birth on it, so why are you saying 'about 1880' for his birth? Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Apr 2005 16:02

I think we all are Jim !!!! Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Apr 2005 16:09

The nearest I can find is a Stephen Lovelady, born Liverpool, living Great Crosby in 1891 census. He is 5 years old at the time, so a birth year of 1885/6. Just because the copy birth certificate was issued in London, doesn't mean he was born there. Kath. x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 15 Apr 2005 16:13

There is this birth on Ancestry:- Name: Lovelady, Stephen Joseph Record Type: Births Quarter: June Year: 1884 District: West Derby County: Lancashire Volume: 8b Page: 543 Kath. x

Ken

Ken Report 15 Apr 2005 16:14

It wouldn't have been London it would be Essex but saying that there were no Lovelady births 1879/1881 in Essex according to 1891 census

Tracey

Tracey Report 15 Apr 2005 16:22

THANX FOR TAKING TIME TO HELP ME I JUST ASSUMED I SHOULD BE LOOKING IN LONDON AREA AND WAS GETTING NOWHERE