Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census for 1871 or 1891 Monmouthshire please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Freda23

Freda23 Report 5 Dec 2004 20:56

Please could someone do a look up for Timothy McAuliffe b1840 and his wife Julia both born in Ireland but moved over to Bedwelty/Rhymney area of Monmouthshire, South Wales in 1871. They would have possibly 2 children registered: Dennis b1864 and Timothy b1871. I have found them on the 1881 but I need as much info as possible. Many thanks

Susan

Susan Report 5 Dec 2004 21:45

Hi Think I've found Dennis on 1891 ... I also have family who moved in and out of of Bedwellty ... the enumerator's spelling leaves a lot to be desired!!!! Family are living at 9 Yard Row Bedwellty. 1891 Wales Census records matching your search for All Records > Census > 1891 Wales Census Match Quality Name Age in 1891 Birthplace Relationship to head-of-house Civil parish County View Image Mcculliffa, Dennis 25 Cork, Ireland Head Bedwellty Monmouthshire Mcculliffa, Edward 11.12 Rhymney, Monmouthshire Son Bedwellty Monmouthshire Mcculliffa, Mary 24 Rhymney, Monmouthshire Wife Bedwellty Monmouthshire Cochlin, Margaret 60 Cashal, Ireland Mother-in-law Bedwellty Monmouthshire

Susan

Susan Report 5 Dec 2004 22:05

Also found this when searching for timothy. England and Wales, Civil Registration Index: 1837-1983 Viewing records 1-4 of 4 matches Name Year Quarter District County Volume Page McAuliffe, Timothy 1893 December Bedwelty Monmouthshire 11a 182 Murray, Hannah 1893 December Bedwelty Monmouthshire 11a 182

Susan

Susan Report 5 Dec 2004 22:06

Only other info I've found is by searching the person index (free to do this) on census.pro.gov.uk. All of them are on there but you need to buy credits to look at the images. 1901 census is not on Ancestry yet for Wales. good luck with future research. Su

Freda23

Freda23 Report 6 Dec 2004 18:25

Thank you Sue This family have been so problematic. I have looked at the 1901 image but it didn't help much. The 1891 census certainly have given me some food for thought. Today I have applied for the birth certificate for Michael Mackcowliffe 1874. It is a year out and completely strange spelling but I know they couldn't spell so I am hoping if this is correct I am away!! Cheers Lauretta

Montague

Montague Report 19 Feb 2018 17:48

Irish births deaths and marriages are free on line at Genealogy.ie from the Government and Irish Census 1901 and 1911 are also free plus the irish Baptisimal records are also free .

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 19 Feb 2018 22:15

Montague,

This thread is more than 13 years old so I doubt that Freda23 is still looking in.

Kath. x