Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help needed for marriage in Plymouth, 1905 - PLEAS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jubal

Jubal Report 15 Jun 2004 08:49

Hello All, Is there anyone available to help me with a marriage in Plymouth? I need someone to check out the actual document of the marriage. My great grandparents Charles Marshfield and Teresa Carroll were married 6th June 1905 at the Roman Catholic Church of St. Mary and St. Boniface, Plymouth. I have a copy of the marriage certificate. I need someone to have a look at the original entry to confirm their father's Christian names for me. They were Martin Levi Marshfield and Martin Carroll, but the copy I have says Mark Marshfield, which is causing a few headaches. I am trying to also confirm my findings of Teresa's birth, (I think it was in Dublin, I have a possible certificate), which also ties in with the fact they married in a RC church. I would just like to know if the person who did my copy made a mistake OR if he, (Martin), also went by the name 'Mark'. I have emailed the Record Office direct asking if they would be kind enough to check it out for me, but they have never replied. I am happy to reimburse you for the costs involved. Hoping you can help. Julie in Portsmouth. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------