Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birth records 1920-1926

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 19 May 2004 06:15

Need help please, trying to locate birth record of a Mr. Shirley Clark(e), Male, born between the years of 1920-1926. I have utilized 1837online with no luck. Do not have place of birth, but he was born in England. If anyone can help would so appreciate it. Thank you! Chris Hernandez USA

Smiley

Smiley Report 19 May 2004 06:17

Just double-checking the "Shirley" Christian name Christine, very rare for a man, though not unheard of I know. Sam

Christine

Christine Report 19 May 2004 06:21

Hi! Sam Yes his first name was Shirley, I too thought it odd, but it would appear this name was also held by males. Possibly he was from the Croydon, Surrey area. Cannot find any info. Thanks for your interest! Chris in Texas

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 19 May 2004 06:28

Chris Do you know if he's still alive, and if not then did he die in England? Unfortunately the index does not give gender, and that name is more likely to be female. However, I found this in the deaths index: Name: SHIRLEY CLARKE Death Year: 1995 Age: 73 Birth Date: 21 Aug 1922 Death Registration Month/Year: 03/95 Registration District: Salisbury Inferred County: Wiltshire Register Number: A39C Entry number: 119

Christine

Christine Report 19 May 2004 06:33

Thank you Donna, I don't know his middle name. Is it feasible to find this Shirley Eric Clarke on an Electoral Roll? Chris in Texas

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 19 May 2004 06:36

Just checked on BMD, and most of the Shirley Clark(e)s on there were actually male! Too early to be yours, I'm afraid, and Clark is a very common surname, so I think you'll need more info in any case. Out of interest, here's all the Shirley Clark(e)s on Ancestry's version of FreeBMD: CLARK, Alfred William Shirley 1841 March Deaths London Middlesex 3 202 CLARK, George Shirley 1876 March Births London Surrey 1d 472 Clark, Maria Shirley 1839 March Deaths London Middlesex 3 152 CLARK, William Shirley 1840 September Marriages London Middlesex 3 29 Clarke, Austin Shirley 1902 December Marriages Gloucestershire Worcestershire 6c 617 Clarke, Herbert Shirley 1902 September Births Gloucestershire 6a 380 Clarke, Shirley John 1899 June Births Leicestershire 7a 32 Clarke, Shirley Leslie 1897 September Births Leicestershire 7a 205 Clarke, Shirley Leslie 1897 September Deaths Leicestershire 7a 115 Clarke, William Shirley 1846 December Births Gloucestershire Wiltshire 11 266 CLARKE, William Shirley 1885 September Deaths Gloucestershire Wiltshire 6a 208

Christine

Christine Report 19 May 2004 06:46

Thank you Richard for taking the time to pull this info. Afraid I have such little info, this male Shirley in my family seems to be the most elusive! I did have someone look up BCs before and she said she could only come up with females from 1915-1926. But thought I would give it one more try. Maybe he changed his name at some point, really can't say. Have traced many relatives in England, (I was born in Lambeth, my family all from Croydon, Surrey),including a long lost Uncle who disappeared right at the end of the war. No one ever heard from him again, and then I was contacted by his grandaughter when she saw a post of mine here at GC. Thanks Again, Chris in Texas

Richard in Perth

Richard in Perth Report 19 May 2004 06:54

Hi Chris Interesting that you say you were born in Lambeth ... one of the above BMD's was Lambeth: Name: CLARK, George Shirley Record Type: Births Quarter: March Year: 1876 District: Lambeth County: London Surrey Volume: 1d Page: 472 May be pure coincidence, as I don't know where your Shirley fits in! Cheers Richard