Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find ancestors named Gould - North Devon

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 28 Jan 2004 15:44

Please can anybody help me try to trace relatives of ancestors called Gould from Landkey, North Devon. Relatives of Albert, Lionel, Flor, Ethel, John, Lionel and Charles. Some of the famly went to Bristol and opened a shop. Any help would be most welcome. Many thanks, Margaret.

Ian

Ian Report 28 Jan 2004 16:01

I am in North Devon and actually used to live in Landkey and I am also able to check Landkey church yards for gravestones etc. I fyou can let me have more specific deatails of the people you have mentioned ie are they all brothers and sister or couples etc I will do my best to seek out some info. Also I am going to the Barnstaple Records tomorrow so you are in luck if you can reply by 10pm tonight as I will have to leave early and wont have time to check tomorrow morning. Hope this helps Debbi in Devon(ians partner)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 28 Jan 2004 17:10

Hi Margaret 1851 census for Landkey Thomas Gould head M 57 M freeholder farmer of 8 acre all born Landkey Devon Sarah Gould wife M 54 F farmers wife Joshua Gould bro M 64 M landed proprieter Eliza Barrow serv 14 F house serv Thomas Lewis Serv 12 M farm serv address Landkey Newland Barnstaple census Landkey Barnstaple PRO ref HO/107/1892 folio 88 page 6 Richard Tucker head M 47 M farmer 85 ac emp 2 labs b Berrynarbor Devon Eleanor Tucker wife 42 F b Landkey Richard Howard Tucker son U 18 M farmers son b Landkey Ellen Tucker daur 15 F scholar b Landkey William Tucker son 10 M scholar b Landkey Anne Tucker daur 6 F scholar b Landkey elizabeth Tucker 2 F b Devon Mary White vist 9 F Maltsters daur b Barnstaple Mary Gould serv 16 F house serv b Swimbridge Dev William Priscott Serv U 28 M ag serv b Bratton fleming Dev Littlesilver Barnstaple census Landkey Barnstaple Devon PRO ref HO/107/1892 folio 80 p 20 Don't know if this is any help to you. Ann Glos