Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find O'halloran

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Benjamin

Benjamin Report 26 Jul 2007 10:06

Benjamin Franklin. 26-july-07 I am trying to trace my mothers relatives,her maiden name was Mary,Gertrude,O'Halloran.also known as (Pearl O'halloran) Who married Alaphonsus Franklin in Limerick City (approx) 1930.They had four children, Eric,Benny,Brian,Eleanor. My mother died very young at 35years old in Limerick 1949. She had four sisters-Enda, Sheila,Josephine,Peggy.and three brothers- Phonsie, Aiden, ? The O'hallorans all originated from Penny Well, Garryowen, Limerick City in Ireland. I would dearly love to find any one of my Mothers relatives. Please help if you can.

Ann

Ann Report 8 Jun 2008 04:53

I wonder if we could be related? My great grandmother was called Anne O'Halloran. born around 1870-1875. She too came from Limerick City! I am not sure what parish, St John's? I think that's in Garryowen ?

MaryMc

MaryMc Report 8 Jun 2008 08:04

Ann,
Benjamin posted this a year ago - click on his name to send him a message.

MaryMc

William

William Report 9 Jun 2012 20:53

I was born in 1942 in Limerick City, Ireland. Ilived in New Road Pennywell
on the opposite side of the street was a row of very small houses and in the end housre on the corner with Lelia Street there was a family of O'Hollorans, Iused to pal round with one of the sons named Paddy sadly now long deceased. Ileft Ireland in 1961 and now live in England, but i visit Ireland yearly, the houses where the O'Hollorans lived were all knocked down many years ago and the former residents were rehoused in different parts of the city, a lot of them nmoved to the new council houe estate in Garryowen, which is nearby to Pennywell. Those areas are all in St Johns Parish and quite near to the Cathedral of the same name. I know Paddy had a young sister named Rose, he also had some older brothers names unknown i still have family living on the outskirts of Limerick, the schools and hospitals were all in that close area and are all called St Johns. The exact area where the O'HOLLORANS house stood is also called St Johns Gate. The nearby Cathedral in St Johns Square should hold records of births, deaths and marrriages in the parish. Next time i speak to my family i will ask them if they know where the family moved to.
Cheers for now,
Bill Adams.