Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bevans of Haverfordwest, Wales

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicky

Nicky Report 28 Aug 2007 10:50

Hi, I am still trying to find information about, or any descendants of, George Leslie Bevan born 1923 in Haverfordwest, Wales to parents George Henry Bevan and Olive Mary nee Hooper. George Leslie was in the Royal Fusiliers, 2nd Battalion City of London Regiment when he died at the Battle of Cassino in 1944. George's parents were living in Ewelme, Surrey at the time of his death. I believe George Leslie had a number of younger siblings, James, Freda, Brenda, Nesta, Glenice.

Many thanks

Julie

Julie Report 21 Sep 2007 21:40

hi nicky i am trying to find a bevan who was in the navy based at chatham kent around 1954,any ideas

julie

Sonia

Sonia Report 29 Nov 2007 14:31

TO NICKY,MY LATE HUSBAND WAS DAVID HOOPER OF KEESTON GATE PEMBROKESHIRE,OLIVE WAS MY HUSBANDS AUNT,CHARLES WAS HIS FATHER.THE BEVANS LIVED WHEN I MET THEM AT THE POST OFFICE PENYCWM.MY SISTER IN LAW LIVES IN IPSWICH AND IS POSSIBLY STILL IN TOUCH WITH SOME OF THE BEVAN SIDE OR COULD HAVE SOME INFO .REGARDS SONIA HOOPER

Nicky

Nicky Report 30 Nov 2007 18:02

Hi Sonia, Thank you for the information. Do you think this is the same Olive Hooper then that married George Henry Bevan? If so I would be absolutely delighted to try and get some further information. It is mainly the Bevans I am interested in at this stage, but in order to get the whole picture, I have traced a little of Olive's family. You say your husband's father was Charles, I take that would have been Olive's brother? I have only a brother named William Hooper born 1900 at this stage. Perhaps you would be able to reply if you think this is the same person. Kind regards. Nicky